Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with C.A sportsline M16

Options
  • 05-10-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

ok maybe someone can help, when i put a fully charged battery in after a couple of rounds it starts to slow down as if the battery is going dead, but when i put the battery in a different gun it lasts the whole day, this happens the M16 with all my batteries??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Stone.cold wrote: »
    ok maybe someone can help, when i put a fully charged battery in after a couple of rounds it starts to slow down as if the battery is going dead, but when i put the battery in a different gun it lasts the whole day, this happens the M16 with all my batteries??

The motor could be drawing too much current, I had to put a fairly beefy spring in my M4 to get the fps up and I only got a few rounds through it.
    What spring is in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Is the fuse still in or have you removed/bypassed it?
    The reason I ask is (imo) if the motor is drawing that much current - it would almost certianly blow your fuse and probably fry your wiring too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Leftyflip wrote: »
    The motor could be drawing too much current, I had to put a fairly beffy spring in my M4 to get the fps up and I only got a few rounds through it.
    What spring is in it?
    it was downgraded a while back not sure what spring chuck put in it but this has only started happening in the last 2 weeks, i will change the motor and see if that solves it

The reason I ask is (imo) if the motor is drawing that much current - it would almost certianly blow your fuse and probably fry your wiring too.
    no the fuse is still there, and intact

it was downgraded a while back not sure what spring chuck put in it but this has only started happening in the last 2 weeks, i will change the motor and see if that solves it

Let me know how it works out!

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Let me know how it works out!
    will do

It depends on the fuse installed, some AEG's have fairly high 20-25amp fuses installed in them, I wouldn't go much higher than 16amps personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

chuck put in it
    :rolleyes:

right tried it with a dboys motor and same thing fires a couple of rounds and then slows right down to a stop

:rolleyes:
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

could be a number of reasons why the battery is not lasting as long

depending on how the downgrade was done could be an explenation, if its a drilled cylinder your still pulling a 100m/s + spring, but if the downgrade was a spring change this is not an issue

the shimming could be wrong on the gears causing the motor to work harder to turn over meaning its drawing more from the battery

motor height could be wrong again this could lead to the motor working to hard and drawing more from the battery if the motor height is too height

or motor could just be faulty and drawing to much from the motor

as others have said a few starting points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

lol
    ah i couldnt resist, pure coincidence it must be every time im down haha. see ya sunday hope someone can help with ur gun

The gearbox could be shimmed to tight, or it's just becuase it's a sportsline :P

Puding wrote: »
    could be a number of reasons why the battery is not lasting as long

depending on how the downgrade was done could be an explenation, if its a drilled cylinder your still pulling a 100m/s + spring, but if the downgrade was a spring change this is not an issue

the shimming could be wrong on the gears causing the motor to work harder to turn over meaning its drawing more from the battery

motor height could be wrong again this could lead to the motor working to hard and drawing more from the battery if the motor height is too height

or motor could just be faulty and drawing to much from the motor

as others have said a few starting points
    it was just a spring change the battery is fine its not draining it when i put it another gun yesterday it lasted the hole day, the down grade was done a few months back now and it has been perfect up till last weekend??

it was just a spring change the battery is fine its not draining it when i put it another gun yesterday it lasted the hole day

so its defiantly a issue with the gearbox on the sportline then, you would have to checking motor height shimming wiring and general component fit within the shell, i had an aeg where the piston rails where slightly two large meaning undue friction, motor had to work harder and battery did not last as long

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Is the battery getting warm when ya try to fire it too?
    I would agree with the lads, it sounds like the shims are causing it to bind and work harder than it needs too, this usually follows with the battery getting hotter. the fuse should blow but that really depends on the fuses rating etc. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Is the battery getting warm when ya try to fire it too?
    I would agree with the lads, it sounds like the shims are causing it to bind and work harder than it needs too, this usually follows with the battery getting hotter. the fuse should blow but that really depends on the fuses rating etc. :)
    no nothing like that, no heat nothing its just as if the battery goes dead but in a different gun its fine again??

no nothing like that, no heat nothing its just as if the battery goes dead but in a different gun its fine again??

Could be faulty connections somewhere down the line.

but in a different gun its fine again??

which is normal if the issue is with the gearbox itself :)

Puding wrote: »
    which is normal if the issue is with the gearbox itself :)
    suppose oh well, will just have to keep investigating thanks for all the help guys

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Your problem man, is you bought a CA sportline...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Keegan

Here's one to try, this happened to my DE UMP. Check the connectors from the gun that connect to the battery. What happened to me was the black wire had slipped and wasn't all the way in the plastic connection and so the battery was at best only tipping off the wire and when you fire, gearbox jumps, wire slips more, no power. Hope that makes sense and helps.

Masada wrote: »
    Your problem man, is you bought a CA sportline...

:p
    i have 2 and never had a problem with either till now :)

Keegan wrote: »
    Here's one to try, this happened to my DE UMP. Check the connectors from the gun that connect to the battery. What happened to me was the black wire had slipped and wasn't all the way in the plastic connection and so the battery was at best only tipping off the wire and when you fire, gearbox jumps, wire slips more, no power. Hope that makes sense and helps.
    thanks i will check it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Keegan's made a good point it could be the battery connector on thats causing the problem. As for the spring it was a 90 (it was over the limit with the stock spring for some reason).

Advertisement