Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pooper Scooper Scheme in Limerick

Options
  • 05-10-2009 8:11pm

A friend of mine asked me to walk his dog while he was away. I've never had a dog myself and was unprepared when it started to defecate on the path we were on. I don't know if I could have stopped the animal or not. Can I ask where can I get pooper scoopers? Are there special bins for disposing of it? Ideally I'd like to get a scooper early tomorrow morning and go back and clean it up. Normally I'd do a search here but it seems to be disabled at the moment. I'm in Limerick. There's a vet nearby and I'll try them tomorrow. I googled and couldn't get much information besides the phone number for my city council. Thanks for any help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just bring plastic bags or poo bags and pick it up and put it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

most of the euro shops will sell plastic bags for picking up after a dog - some of them are even scented! If you want to keep a bit more at arms length bring a small garden trowel with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah we use poop bags/nappy bags, you get like 30 or 50 for a few euro.
    If you want a scooper shovel thing, petshops (probably euro shops too) do them.
    Only certain areas have actual dog poop bins and less places provide bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Tesco value nappy bags. I think it's about €1 for a bag of 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I just use the tesco or other supermarket brand cheap scented nappy bags works well and cheaper. I think you can get biodegradable plasticy ones as well tough which obviously are better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

olaola wrote: »
    Tesco value nappy bags. I think it's about €1 for a bag of 300.

This is what I use too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Both Dunnes and Tesco sell poo scooping shovels, as do most pet stores. I just put the bag, inside-out, around my hand, pick up the poo and flip the bag so that it ends up inside - not hard at all. We buy biodegradable nappy bags in Tesco and use them, cheap and cheerful!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭csd

looserock wrote: »
    This is what I use too.

And they're scented. :D

Does anyone else find that every pocket in every item of clothing have 'poo bags' in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

csd wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that every pocket in every item of clothing have 'poo bags' in them?

YES! I can't name the number of times I have gone to pull out my wallet at the supermarket and pulled out a handful of poo bags. Hell, I once offered someone a poo bag thinking it was a tissue! And when I do the washing, the number of poo bags I find in both my clothes and the OHs clothes is rediculous. Just part of having dogs I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

csd wrote: »

Yes! Though I don't think I've ever had to use one, my dog hates pooing in public and holds it til she gets home :rolleyes:. I still take one out of the car each time and they build up in my pocket. I like to have spares to offer to people I see walking away from their dog's poo to try and embarrass them into picking it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Please don't use ordingary plastic bags! This is bad for the enviroment and prevents the poo from breaking down naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 petchums.com

I've always used Tesco's finest biodegradable nappy bags.. purr-fect!

Advertisement