Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrades etc. etc.

Options
  • 05-10-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

O.K. so ive bought myself my jg g36c, spare battery and 4 high caps.
    I need to know what else should i get. ie red dot, scope
    Can i get an extended bottom rail for it?
    And finally upgrades.....Idont fully understand them but if you could please tell me what i should get, roughly what cost (including labour), and explain what each one does.
    Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Luke Delaney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

O.K. so ive bought myself my jg g36c, spare battery and 4 high caps.
    I need to know what else should i get. ie red dot, scope
    Can i get an extended bottom rail for it?
    And finally upgrades.....Idont fully understand them but if you could please tell me what i should get, roughly what cost (including labour), and explain what each one does.
    Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Luke Delaney.

Get yourself a vest or something, so ya can carry yer great big dirty highcaps :P
    The iron sights should do you fine for the time being, but if you want a red dot go for it!

What are you looking to upgrade, the JG G36 is a great gun stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Ya i have a vest actually bought it on sat but i was just wondering if i did go for it how much would it be. And do you know if you can get an extended bottom rail because i tried on a foregrip the last day and it was too far forward to be comfortable. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

External upgrades

really all down to personal preference, mostly they just add weight and are there for looks

longer low rail is easy enough to get and fit

internal upgrades

your best value for money upgrade you can do is a tight bore barrel and guarder hop up bucking, this will improve your range and grouping of your shots, your looking at about 10euros for the bucking and about 30 - 50 euros for the barrel being on what brand + shipping, this is an easy upgrade that you should be able to do yourself, if you want someone else to do it your looking at about 25 - 30 euros for the work

another and easy internal upgrade is your battery, i do not know what type and brand you have but a good quality 9.6v would have a boost in performance over say a firefox 9.6

Ya i have a vest actually bought it on sat but i was just wondering if i did go for it how much would it be. And do you know if you can get an extended bottom rail because i tried on a foregrip the last day and it was too far forward to be comfortable. lol

It really depends, a good start is a tightbore barrel and Guarder hop, roughly €50-€60.
    then after that, do you want a better rate of fire or better consistencey with fps and such?

Grrr Puding....

Puding wrote: »
    External upgrades

really all down to personal preference, mostly they just add weight and are there for looks

internal upgrades

your best value for money upgrade you can do is a tight bore barrel and guarder hop up bucking, this will improve your range and grouping of your shots, your looking at about 10euros for the bucking and about 30 - 50 euros for the barrel being on what brand + shipping, this is an easy upgrade that you should be able to do yourself, if you want someone else to do it your looking at about 25 - 30 euros for the work

another and easy internal upgrade is your battery, i do not know what type and brand you have but a good quality 9.6v would have a boost in performance over say a firefox 9.6
    I know this might be a silly question but im new will those upgrades last or will they lik wear down and ill have to go about buying new ones?
    And i have 2 8.4 batteries and they seem to be doing the trich because i heard the 9.6s are hard to fit and they destroy the internals?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

I know this might be a silly question but im new will those upgrades last or will they lik wear down and ill have to go about buying new ones?
    And i have 2 8.4 batteries and they seem to be doing the trich because i heard the 9.6s are hard to fit and they destroy the internals?
    Thanks.

The hop will get worn out eventually, but not for a long time, 9.6V won't destroy the internals, they'll just wear down quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

People seem to be saying the JG G36c will take 9.6v batteries stock.

Personally I'd say there's no need for it as an 8.4 will already put your RoF beyond that of real steel.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    It really depends, a good start is a tightbore barrel and Guarder hop, roughly €50-€60.
    then after that, do you want a better rate of fire or better consistencey with fps and such?

Grrr Puding....
    Well at the moment its shooting at about 305 so if i wanted a higher fps would it go over the limit if i even slightly change it or what and tbh i dont really care about rof i likew the way that is with mine. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the barrel is not really going to wear out in the near future, the coating on some barrel can wear down but this depends on the brand of barrel you buy, i recommend the badbul v2 6.03 tight bores great value for money

any hop up bucking with wear down over time because it function on friction, but the life span of the bucking are not short, all depends how many rounds you will be putting thought the aeg

the jg will handle a 9.6 without issue and i would upgrading to a high quality 9.6v battery

Well at the moment its shooting at about 305 so if i wanted a higher fps would it go over the limit if i even slightly change it or what and tbh i dont really care about rof i likew the way that is with mine. lol

A tightbore will add a few extra fps on to your AEG, the maximum legal limit is 328fps with a .2g BB.
    The tightbore and hop are two great upgrades to get, improved range and accuracy.

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    A tightbore will add a few extra fps on to your AEG, the maximum legal limit is 328fps with a .2g BB.
    The tightbore and hop are two great upgrades to get, improved range and accuracy.
    Ya ok they look like the two to get anyway. Thanks

Ya ok they look like the two to get anyway. Thanks

You're welcome :)
    Just don't skimp on the barrel though!

Thanks all and does anyone have any ideas for external pieces....I was thinkin of an acog scope and a bipod/foregrip?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

You can get a foregrip that has a bipod in it and ya just pull it out
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/tactical-bipods-black-p-39.html

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    You can get a foregrip that has a bipod in it and ya just pull it out
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/tactical-bipods-black-p-39.html
    Ya sorry thats what i meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Puding wrote: »
    External upgrades

internal upgrades

That post there is pretty much the STANDARD for a jing gong g36c upgrade internally, and pretty much most clone rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

one of my mates had the grip/ bi-pod wasn't the best it did both jobs but not very well. personally i put a folding grip on my g36c with a 552 holo dot sight for ebay only cost 45euro compared to 90 from the cheapest irish retailer and its working great.

but like i said personally, its all about what you want and how you want to do it.

Advertisement