Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the most farfetched episode?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

SarahBM wrote: »
    I dont remember RTE ever showing TNG.
    Going back to the designer baby thing there was an episode in voyager where B'Elanna Torres wanted to delete sequences of her baby's DNA so that she wouldnt be a clygon. That is farfetched because you cant just go around randomly deleting chunkds of DNA! you have no idea what the consequences would be!
    It's Klingon! *beats Sarah with a D-7 class battlecruiser* :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

clygon

this is what happens when a Klingon borks a old style Cylon from BSG :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Going back to the designer baby thing there was an episode in voyager where B'Elanna Torres wanted to delete sequences of her baby's DNA so that she wouldnt be a clygon. That is farfetched because you cant just go around randomly deleting chunkds of DNA! you have no idea what the consequences would be!

I would imagine that gene sequences, of Torres (human side) or paris, would be inserted. I mean come on, this is meant to be late 24th century medical technology.

Oh and yeah, about the klingons, even my phone t9 spells it. Time to watch some more star trek for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

azezil wrote: »
    It's Klingon! *beats Sarah with a D-7 class battlecruiser* :)
    Sorry I cant spell at the best of times, especially when Im typing in a rush!

Sorry I cant spell at the best of times, especially when Im typing in a rush!

Don't look at it as a bad thing. It it an excuse to watch a tonne more trek. Use it wisely, my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

true that!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

meh episodes most farfetched ?

hmm seasons 2-3 of tos

The Apple
    Who Mourns for Adonais
    Catspaw
    A Piece of the Action
    Patterns of Force
    Spock's Brain
    Spectre of the Gun
    Plato's Stepchildren
    Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
    Requiem for Methuselah
    The Way to Eden

enough said really ,
    but as for the most far fetched moment in star trek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

i like this moment where god questions an Alien pretending to be god.

Zamboni wrote: »
    Surey the most far fetched VOY episode must be Distant Origin where these guys managed space travel :D

Parasaurolophus.jpg

Yeah cause those pesky apes look so smart, when scratching their arses

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Any episode of TNG that shows Riker doing some work, as opposed to the middle-management, sleep-in-a-hammock, officer he really is. We all know he would take the nightshift, and duck off for three-hour sessions in the holodeck running programs like '53 yr old drunken divorcee in deserted jazzclub Beta 1' and other 'adult' programs. God help the Enterprise cleaning staff (what colour uniform would they wear?)

And on topic, Damark and Jilad was a bit ludicrous, with only Picard able to figure out that they speak 'through imagery, through met-a-phor'. Or that episode with the oirish from piebald 9 stinking up the cargo bay. Or the existence of Chakotay. Q is quite annoying too, I always saw him as a crude plot device, that made a lot of episodes far fetched. That episode where everyone started reverting into their ancestral species was a bit far fetched too.

Having said all that, I love all those episodes! Especially original series and TNG! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

RTE showed TNG all the way up to season 7, if I recall correctly. I remember they showed the episode where Worf visits the Klingon prison colony, governed by Romulans, sometime in May 1994. It was the one in which Riker visits a bar. Yes they definately showed most or all of the seasons. They also aired DS9 season 1 I think but didn't go any further than that owing to the fact that TNG had the most mass appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Oh I forgot about that episode of Voyager when they set up the Holodeck to play a program of a little Irish village cica 1500. with the crappy leprechaun accents and Janeway being refered to as Kate! the stereotype of us was enough to make anyone cringe!!!

There was an 'Irish' episode of TNG, where a group of medieval Irish were supposed to have left earth ever before any other humans had (which would be great, but they had no ships or technology.

Or there was the voyager epoisode where dinasours were supposed to have left earth millions of years ago, and and got as far as the delta quadrant, but had no idea that they had come from earth.

Edit: beaten to it on both counts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

kierank01 wrote: »
    There was an 'Irish' episode of TNG, where a group of medieval Irish were supposed to have left earth ever before any other humans had (which would be great, but they had no ships or technology.

Or there was the voyager epoisode where dinasours were supposed to have left earth millions of years ago, and and got as far as the delta quadrant, but had no idea that they had come from earth.

Edit: beaten to it on both counts

That wasnt what happened. 1 ship left and 2 colonies were formed. 1 basically developed into an advanced society who's sun/planet was dying the others basically de-industrialised into pig farmers (Irish people) with a top notch fiery redhead for good measure, then the advanced people went to live with the retards,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That wasnt what happened. 1 ship left and 2 colonies were formed. 1 basically developed into an advanced society who's sun/planet was dying the others basically de-industrialised into pig farmers (Irish people) with a top notch fiery redhead for good measure, then the advanced people went to live with the retards,,,

beegorrah, sure twas how now it happened to be sure to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Worst TNG ep ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I preferred it to the 2! fairhaven episodes.

I preferred it to every ep of Enterprise and most eps of Voyager ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Any episode where a crew member falls in love after a day :rolleyes:

How about the ep where Riker gets the hots for a person from a race that has 3 sexes? (AFAICR :o)

How about the ep where Riker gets the hots for a person from a race that has 3 sexes? (AFAICR :o)

I thought that Riker had the hots for a race that chemically repressed their gender expression.

Tucker got politically involved in the Co-Genetor (spelling) of the 3 gender species

Tucker got politically involved in the Co-Genetor (spelling) of the 3 gender species

Is that the one where he got pregnant?

• Advertisement

kierank01 wrote: »
    Is that the one where he got pregnant?
    No they were different episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

The Bringloidi

hot red head was ENGLISH!!! The treacherous harlot!! :p;)

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Rosalyn_Landor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I cant belive no one has brought up DSP's "one little ship"!!!!
    miniature size runabout tear assing around the inside of the defiant and miles / basheer inside a console?!!!

onelittleship_670.jpg

hightower1 wrote: »
    miniature size runabout tear assing around the inside of the defiant and miles / basheer inside a console?!!!

onelittleship_670.jpg

Ah shur that's your everyday, run of the mill ST episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

hightower1 wrote: »

onelittleship_670.jpg

Great episdoe, very well done I thought - if certainly far fecthed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Thats the most unrealistic one alright, what would SF have to say about the Irish and English joining in another act of union...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gamma

From Season 2.
    The ep about the Irish colony that look like they are from famine times.

gamma wrote: »
    From Season 2.
    The ep about the Irish colony that look like they are from famine times.

As everyone is discussing above
    :pac:wakka:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It has to be Threshold.

Breaking the Warp 10 barrier made Paris and Janeway evolve Pokemon style into a completely new creature and then the EMH got them to devolve again with anti-protons!

• Advertisement

It has to be Threshold.

Breaking the Warp 10 barrier made Paris and Janeway evolve Pokemon style into a completely new creature and then the EMH got them to devolve again with anti-protons!

After they did the very nasty

Advertisement