Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Tattoo and Cover Up Question

Options
  • 05-10-2009 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

Hi! I have a couple of questions, if somebody could please pass on their wisdom I would be very grateful.

I'm getting tattoo for my Dad for Christmas, He has I'd say around 10 tattoo's that he got when he was a kid, all on his arms. They haven't been done over so they are fairly faded.

So question one, is there any place in particular that are well known for great work on cover ups? He has had one done already but had it done over in Thailand. Don't mind travelling but hoping to keep it inside the country.

Second question, one of his planned tattoo's is the Elvish LOTR text (one ring to rule them all etc), see picture below! Sorry for the crappy pic but it's straight out of the book.

1ring-1.jpg

He plans on this being the only tatt that won't be a cover up and is planning to have it positioned across the top of his spine, spreading onto the shoulders slightly. He wants more incorporated into the tattoo, he just isn't sure what, possibly the ring itself. Has anybody got any advice on where would be the best place to go? All opinions I have gotten so far have been contradictory so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Advertisement