Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 3 Discussion

Options

Comments

well now they're slagging the Breffster off for being posh - all very classist this year on both sides!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Is anyone watching You're Fired? Or am I in the wrong place?

BOC "She (Aoiffe) speaks her mind"
    Yeah, when her teammates aren't around!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

This is by far the best episode of "You're Fired" to date - possibly because O'Connor isn't quite as much of a cock as the last two weeks and he's allowing the panel to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Heroditas wrote: »
    This is by far the best episode of "You're Fired" to date - possibly because O'Connor isn't quite as much of a cock as the last two weeks and he's allowing the panel to contribute.

Yes. I haven't seen the last two weeks but I am surprised how calm he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

More of the musical sam coming up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is product placement legal in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

he's allowing the panel to contribute.

Only because your wan is hot.

dresden8 wrote: »
    Only because your wan is hot.

Nikki? Urgh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Cool, less competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

King Arthur himself couldn't pull me out of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Christ I haven't seen this much product placement since I, Robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Just watched the show now after work!! Setanta deserved it!! Bill was gas he was not taking any crap of anyone tonight!! Poor Aoiffe he gave her loads!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

It's funny, you could see by the looks on Bill's face that he hated Setanta, but is quite fond of Brefni. Gotta say I agree with Bill: Setanta comes across as a really unpleasant, unlikeable person.

Bill is growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Bill is growing on me.

You may need a strong anti-fungal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I f-ing hate Fiona Looney and everything she has to say. Its all nonsense and shes just an annoying mouthpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Couple of observations I had last night during the show were:

Big Red Book man - I wish he'd said that putting a K in his spelling of Marc wasn't the reason they lost, it was just a **** ad no logical person can be that pedantic. He did say that the Rubik's Cube would have also been shot down.

The B&F guy Ian Hyland used to be the advertising manager for the magazine and he bought it outright. But I don't understand how he would be qualified to comment on the creative strategy, the planning of the campaign, yes, but he was questioning the make up of the ad and being a cock for the cameras. Selling advertising space does not make you a creative person and the reason the task was lost by Setanta's team was the content of the ad, their media campaign was highly praised! I wonder how Hyland would have felt if someone got on to him and dangled the 50k budget under his nose and told him they wanted to get twice as many insertions as they were playing with and to keep his rate card up his swiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Brettmirl here is the Jackie mask for Halloween

puppets-terrahawks-290x400.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Right, watched it there, Setanta was the right person to go, no people skills at all, rude and arrogant, it was painful watching him trying to be PM.
    Where in gods name have they sourced these people, a group of monkeys would have done better, have none of them done any basic communications?
    Are they not allowed use stock photos? or are they just that thick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I'm not sure I understand why they get these people to do marketing campaigns. Surely a creative marketing department would do this type of work. These contestants are business people looking to do the business aspect of a job, not the images & strap lines for ad campaigns. Surely team Platinum should have won last night for their financial planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Ya the tasks have been unimaginative and the last two have been identical nearly. Who the hell cares about marketing really if your a business person you'll have a department that does that. If I had to do that for a living I'd shoot myself!
    Breffney rocks, ginger BOD is annoying me more every episode. He only got a 3rd class honours degree but thinks he knows it all. Never heard of his boot camp company!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Ginny wrote: »
    Righor are they just that thick?

DING DING DING we have a winner.

They're confident, not intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Why do posters in this thread quote Bill and Geraldine using a 'Dubb-ah-lin' accent as if that's funny on its own? I haven't seen anyone having pops at anyone's culchie accent. Pretty childish behaviour really.

Well if the last 2 task have looked alike next weeks certainly looks alot different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wilander

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Brettmirl here is the Jackie mask for Halloween

puppets-terrahawks-290x400.jpg

Good likeness - could do a roaring trade for Halloween;)

MargeS wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand why they get these people to do marketing campaigns. Surely a creative marketing department would do this type of work. These contestants are business people looking to do the business aspect of a job, not the images & strap lines for ad campaigns. Surely team Platinum should have won last night for their financial planning?

I don't think you need any financial planning skills if you win the show are you're then making beds in Bill's hotel or valeting fleets of Renaults ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

lol I just watched last night's episode - HILARIOUS! My new fav is Breffney - he just gotta win it!!! He's so ridiculous, it's just hilarious - "I'm like a talent manager". I so want him to win it now just because he just rips the piss! lol tiz gas. Come on Breffney! My god, Harvard didn't teach him much - come on the underdog! The Breffmeister to win lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tinkerbell wrote: »
    lol I just watched last night's episode - HILARIOUS! My new fav is Breffney - he just gotta win it!!! He's so ridiculous, it's just hilarious - "I'm like a talent manager". I so want him to win it now just because he just rips the piss! lol tiz gas. Come on Breffney! My god, Harvard didn't teach him much - come on the underdog! The Breffmeister to win lol.

As a bloke i felt sorry for the girls on this , to have been put in with such retards and muppets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just watched last night's episode. The only people I really don't like anymore are Geraldine and Setanta (but he's gone - yay). I actually like everyone else.

I finally have found it here is Aoiffe's lookalike,just look how alike they are!

1039_aoiffe.jpg

bugsy.jpg&h=82&w=139&usg=__1T69HJZV4lqNhzAvG7e866luV4Q=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

amdublin wrote: »
    Does Fiona Looney have straight hair or curly hair?

Or both?

:p
    I can't watch the show at the moment, but found out that Jennifer is a girl I used to work with. :D

You sold Cheeky Chaaaaarlies on Mooooooer Streettte too?

Advertisement