Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance from UCD to Cabinteely

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭

I have google search it and have tried to find this out but does anyone here know the distance from the town of Cabinteely to UCD and is it easy to get from one to the other. I know that the 46A goes from one to the other. But any other buses???

I am grateful for all help:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You don't need Google search for this, you need Google maps. It is 7km, and the 145 bus would be useful for this trip. The 46A does not go to Cabinteely, the rare and unusual 46D does

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

thank you so much. that was exactly what I needed:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You can get the 46C and 84 from Cabinteely to UCD also. You can also get the 7B to Rochestown Avenue, might be useful depending on where your house is!

Handy thing is there is a QBC all the way up which makes the journey time quick enough.

Also, the 145 usually empties at Cabinteely for everyone going to school there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

As other have said it's quite short a trip and well served by buuses.

The 46D does not go near cabinteely.

The 84x also does though as does the 45 which is about 15-20 mins walk from UCD. But 145 is perfect bus between the two

As other have said it's quite short a trip and well served by buuses.

The 46D does not go near cabinteely.

The 84x also does though as does the 45 which is about 15-20 mins walk from UCD. But 145 is perfect bus between the two

Only problem with the 84X is that it doesn't stop at Cabinteely Village. Closest stop is Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Only problem with the 84X is that it doesn't stop at Cabinteely Village. Closest stop is Dunnes.

stops just after the bridge in Cabinteely does it not???

stops just after the bridge in Cabinteely does it not???

Don't think so. Last time I was on it was a few years back. When I went to get off at Cabinteely I was told that the next place he was stopping was Cherrywood.

You can see the stops from the dublin bus site here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Buses linking Cabinteely Village and UCD:
    145 and 46C from the Bypass - The 145 is the most frequent service
    84 from the Village itself
    7B from Rochestown Avenue
    46D from the 1st stop on Clonkeen Road

The 84X stops at Cornelscourt but not Cabinteely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Where in Cabinteely are you travelling from? Cabinteely village is west of the N11 and the rest of Cabinteely is east of it. Some parts of Cabinteely are nearer to Rochestown Avenue and some parts of Cabinteely are in Loughlinstown (Tullyvale etc.) so best to post where you are actually travelling from for accurate advice.

Advertisement