Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Fifa 10 Boards Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Not doing so bad now lads :D we have won 2 or 3 and drew 1 :)
    Top goalscorer with 4 ;):pac:. Game tomorrow at 8pm.

You're pro is a little ginger rocket!!!!! You were fair good in front of goal last night :)

I still can't seem to put them away... :confused:

Looking forward to tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

alpomb wrote: »
    You're pro is a little ginger rocket!!!!! You were fair good in front of goal last night :)

I still can't seem to put them away... :confused:

Looking forward to tonight!

He sure is quick alright:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 b69

when's the next game lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

Few bad results there last night with the boards club. My VP is rubbish I really should have started a career to up some stats before I went online. I started one last night after we finished up and was doing quite well but I just realised this morning that I made him the same age as me without thinking. So he's 25 and only starting his career which doesn't make sense so I'll be starting from scratch tonight. Bloody annoying because I scored some nice goals last night and was playing above 7 in the majority of games.

RaVeN737

We had a few poor games last night. i think we missed smudgedope playing as any. A few games we were just outclassed but other we were beaten by our own silly mistakes. A quicker, first touch passing game has to be developed as too many time people just held sprint and went to run straight up the field and instantly losing the ball. I'm not saying i'm the best player like (definitely not :D) but that's one of the things which can easily be fixed.

Also I was wondering can anyone set up one of the impromptu matches, ie be captain. When I was playing as any last night it would have been handy to change the tactics but couldn't as I wasn't captain. The defenders kept rushing the opposition player with the ball (offensive mentality, pressure quick tactic?), leaving massive gaps for the other team to simply play through balls. I prefer a covering defence when playing as any. Especially when the stats of the opposition pro's are clearly higher than ours.
    I think we should have to be the captain to play as any. After all the tactics really only affect AI movements.

Hope that wasn't too much of a rant (got frustrated last night!)

Oh and redzer, what is actually wrong with your connection? We should look in to trying to fix it... You make good runs when you're playing.

• Advertisement

SeamyH wrote: »
    Few bad results there last night with the boards club. My VP is rubbish I really should have started a career to up some stats before I went online. I started one last night after we finished up and was doing quite well but I just realised this morning that I made him the same age as me without thinking. So he's 25 and only starting his career which doesn't make sense so I'll be starting from scratch tonight. Bloody annoying because I scored some nice goals last night and was playing above 7 in the majority of games.

RaVeN737

You were playing well last night, I didn't really notice you're pro had low stats... :confused:

You were playing well last night, I didn't really notice you're pro had low stats... :confused:

I was pants alpomb but cheers for the attempted morale boast. I just need a bit of time to get used to VP but as I said I'm going to start a career and hopefully improve. At first i found it really confusing last night but eventually got more into it.

Your point on the captain always playing as ANY makes perfect sense as the tactics really only affect AI movement etc.The gabs in the back 4 last night were unreal at times (due to AI eagerness to run out at the attacker as opposed to individual mistakes). I feel we should try and slow down our play a bit by passing back and taking another direction when possible. The mentality last night seemed to be when we get the ball just constantly move forward even if it was down a cul de sac. If your in trouble play the ball back. If we hold onto the ball it forces the opponent to come out more and leaves gaps to expose. I also thought there was some nice play last night too,the 2 footed lunge at Fergie for example :-p, haha...he deserved it...

I'll be on later if some Fifing if anybody is around. I'm going to sort out a keyboard today also, hate using the pad takes forever to say the smallest sentences.

And yes Redzer you need to sort the connection as your nippy forward was a handful for defenders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

We had a few poor games last night. i think we missed smudgedope playing as any. A few games we were just outclassed but other we were beaten by our own silly mistakes. A quicker, first touch passing game has to be developed as too many time people just held sprint and went to run straight up the field and instantly losing the ball. I'm not saying i'm the best player like (definitely not :D) but that's one of the things which can easily be fixed.

Also I was wondering can anyone set up one of the impromptu matches, ie be captain. When I was playing as any last night it would have been handy to change the tactics but couldn't as I wasn't captain. The defenders kept rushing the opposition player with the ball (offensive mentality, pressure quick tactic?), leaving massive gaps for the other team to simply play through balls. I prefer a covering defence when playing as any. Especially when the stats of the opposition pro's are clearly higher than ours.
    I think we should have to be the captain to play as any. After all the tactics really only affect AI movements.

Hope that wasn't too much of a rant (got frustrated last night!)

Oh and redzer, what is actually wrong with your connection? We should look in to trying to fix it... You make good runs when you're playing.
    Ill be playing at the weekend, ill prob be on friday night so see yous then. Do you think about 50kps download is enough to play this online or is that too slow? thats what we get in apartments usually, and if its enough I could transfer my account over to another ps3 here and play during the week I guess, or is that possible? i know you can do it on xbox360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Mike Bassett

Is their a game tonight?

Haven't a clue what was wrong with it lads, it went off four times during matches last night, twice at half tme, it's NAT typ 1 so it should be fine, really frustrating getting logged out every minute :(. Defo missed Smudge last night :pac:

• Advertisement

RaVeN737

I dont think the age really matters in regards development to be honest,the only way to improve is through the accomplishments and age doesnt make a difference to them. I dont think it will be worth your while starting again,seeing as you have already completed some accomplishments,also make sure you complete all the arena ones too,they are easy enough and boost your stats without much effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i'd be up for a game tonight if other people are around, say go on about half seven or eight???

Harpy wrote: »
    i'd be up for a game tonight if other people are around, say go on about half seven or eight???

Ill be online for half 7...how many do we need for a game?

Good few games tonight, pity my connection kept going.
    Some great preformances tonight lads, definate improvement.
    won some and lost some but definately didn't deserve to lose some of them, hard luck boys.
    Will anyone be on tomorrow for a few games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 b69

Good few games tonight, pity my connection kept going.
    Some great preformances tonight lads, definate improvement.
    won some and lost some but definately didn't deserve to lose some of them, hard luck boys.
    Will anyone be on tomorrow for a few games?

i will be on from about 7 but i have to go to work at 9:mad:
    might get a few matches tho

Yeah I agree,we lost a few matches by the odd goal even though we deserved the win.Some close games and a big improvement on the previous night.I think I'll just do some of my pro career later to get some achievements out of the way. My guy is too low rated at the moment to compete with some of the teams we come up against.He has very low stamina and sprint speed which makes it very difficult to make decent runs when up front or to track back when defending.He gets nudged off the ball very easily too, seems to have literally no strength.I think a light breeze in that last game sent him flying!

Oh and Redzer what exactly is the problem with your net? Can you get your ISP to sort it out?

You don't seem to be ever able to finish a game.

Will anyone be online tonight for a few games?
    My VP is now rated 84 overall and my finishing is 92 and long shots are 88 :D.
    Have pink boots, yellow gloves, underarmour and top it all off, the red hair ;) :pac:.

Have pink boots, yellow gloves, underarmour and top it all off, the red hair ;) :pac:.

Nice one Redzer! My guy is still only on 75. Have you been playing a season ya?

I won't be on tonight I'd say.... Goin out for a slap up meal! :pac:

Should be on friday night though.

Nice one Redzer! My guy is still only on 75. Have you been playing a season ya?

I won't be on tonight I'd say.... Goin out for a slap up meal! :pac:

Should be on friday night though.

Nah just exhibition matches so i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone e.g.
    Choose the weather so I can unlock underarmour/gloves,
    Chose to play in every different stadium (trophy).

I see you have been made manager too :D
    Fair play.

• Advertisement

Nice one Redzer, I've got my lad up to 74 now. He can actually compete now!! I'll be on later for a few games while I enjoy my end of working week bruskies.Don't worry I play better with alcohol in me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Newcomers

Nice one Redzer, I've got my lad up to 74 now. He can actually compete now!! I'll be on later for a few games while I enjoy my end of working week bruskies.Don't worry I play better with alcohol in me!

Did you play a season or just use exhibition matches? I've to get my stats up a bit more also so I can actually sprint and control the ball for once!

Did you see an improvement in stats quite quickly?

Limecat

Newcomers wrote: »
    Did you play a season or just use exhibition matches? I've to get my stats up a bit more also so I can actually sprint and control the ball for once!

Did you see an improvement in stats quite quickly?

Limecat

I'm just playing a Be A Pro season and unlocking achievements as I go along.I'm with Shamrock Rovers at the moment.Still in reserve team but I've been handed captaincy and hoping to break into the first team soon enough.I've been playing for about 4-5 hours per evening for the last couple of nights so it's not a quick improvement but if your willing to put the hours in you'll see the results eventually.There's obviously quicker ways to up your stats but I like the challenge of Be A Pro career it's good for getting used to playing a certain position.I'm really enjoying the centre midfield role as you get to see alot of the ball.I seem to be an expert at hitting the post, I've had some amazing long rangers with the keeper not even moving but they always seem to hit the crossbar or post!

RaVeN737

Will anyone be on today or tonight for a few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Will anyone be on today or tonight for a few games?

yeah i might be on at some stage today, i'll defo be on tonight about 8..

Harpy wrote: »
    yeah i might be on at some stage today, i'll defo be on tonight about 8..
    Grand :D, we played a few last night against a good few higher rank teams and got points from all the games so it was a good night,
    We have about 25 at the club but only a certain 7-8 play :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Hey, Can i join this, my username is Omeceron.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'll be available from 6 tomorrow evening. Been building up my pro for a week or so. Fan favourite at Liverpool in central midfield.

Goal of the season yesterday lads? :p;),
    stupid connection kept going off yesterday, I really have to get it fixed.
    we won a good few games yesterday including an 8 nil win :D:D.

• Advertisement

Goal of the season yesterday lads? :p;),
    stupid connection kept going off yesterday, I really have to get it fixed.
    we won a good few games yesterday including an 8 nil win :D:D.

Yeah cracking strike Redzer really was.Don't know how you managed it.Some great games last night,even the matches we lost were very close and could have went either way.I think we should always have somebody as ANY.The AI are decent enough at defending but they offer very little up front.We only started playing well last night when somebody took up this position,particularly with Lord who had a stormer.I'll be on this evening for some Fifing if anybody else fancies a few more games?

I think it would be a good idea for peeps to leave their PSN tag at the end of your posts if it differs from your boards name. It's just easier than going through previous posts to figure out who you the person is.

RaVeN737

Advertisement