Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

untreated oak sleepers

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi all

My apologies if this has been covered previously, I couldn't get the search function to work. I am looking to get some sleepers for some landscaping. As I plan to have some fruit trees within the area I don't want to go with the reclaimed sleepers due to creosote concerns. I am pretty much set on some untreated oak sleepers, which should last the pace pretty well while still looking the part. Can anybody tell me where is the best place in Cork to get these?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Try a local builders providers. I used old scaffolding planks for a raised bed in the front garden. They look great and only cost €3 each - as opposed to the €30-ish that sleepers cost. They're also well seasoned so should last a good while.

Advertisement