Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warcraft 3 Modder Joins Valve & Hints At Future Game

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Very little information out there currently, but the gist of it is the modder behind the popular Warcraft 3 mod "Defense of the Ancients: Allstars" has joined Valve Software and is hinting at the possibility of Valve working on a new game project.
    Known only as 'IceFrog,' the mysterious developer behind popular Warcraft 3 mod Defense of the Ancients: Allstars has announced that he is now leading a team at Half-Life developer Valve and teased the move will be "great news for DotA fans."

IceFrog has developed the action RTS-RPG mod since 2005, taking over from Steve 'Guinsoo' Feak--now working at Riot Games on the DotA-inspired League of Legends.

"I finally have all the resources needed to do some very exciting stuff that you guys will love," notes IceFrog. "As I've said many times in the past and especially after today's developments, I am very excited about DotA's future!"

"My goal and top priority in the future is to solve the surrounding issues that affect the DotA experience in order to allow it to reach new heights," he says, though it's unclear whether this will be working on DotA itself or a new project at Valve.

DotA Dev Joins Valve, Hints at Future Game

Interesting stuff to say the least, let the speculation begin . . . ;)

Advertisement