Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i missing something

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

in odst when i am trying to get to a certain beacon i find that i come across a patrol which i just dont have the weaponry to kill.

now am i supposed to sneak around or am i supposed to kill them?

its frustrating at time when i am trying to get to a location and i come across 3 hunters and i might only have a plasma pistol and an smg clip.

any one have any hints?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Martron wrote: »
    in odst when i am trying to get to a certain beacon i find that i come across a patrol which i just dont have the weaponry to kill.

now am i supposed to sneak around or am i supposed to kill them?

its frustrating at time when i am trying to get to a location and i come across 3 hunters and i might only have a plasma pistol and an smg clip.

any one have any hints?

I've never come across more than 2 Hunters at a time. Even on the legendary run-through! As for strategies, if it's Hunters and you don't have the firepower, run!!! If it's a group of brutes, use the charge shot to drop it's sheild, then rob whatever weapon he drops! Always melee grunts, unless there are more than 6/7 enemies, and even then you could still manage! Jackals aren't too tough either. If you are having ammo issues, then just spare the ammo for enemies who demand it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sorry i did mean 2 hunters.

i know its suppose to probably be like this to give you an idea of lonliness and isolation.

ah i just though i was missing hidden armories or something in the buildings.

not so bad so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have only played it on Heroic so far and while ammo was tight, I was able to get through most firefights without having ammo problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

yes I know the bit your talking about. I ended up back tracking to get grenades and never had to fight them again? I had to fight 2 Hunters together at least twice before that. 3 sticky grenades per Hunter should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Emm i dont really see why you even need ammo for hunters.....just get in close and behind and melee them in the orange part on their backs. Thats what i do for all of them unless theres brutes or jackals or whatever else nearby in which case i carry both pistols or a sniper and a plasma pistol. Grunts < hunters < bugs (just so many together >.>) < ranged jackals
    < normal jackals < brutes are hardest. for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

if its the bit im thinkin about after a good bita fighting with the covenant and 2 hunters arrive theres a shotgun in one of the buildings nearby... i had a sniper and shotgun for the first 2 hunter confrontations in the game theres 2 or 3 more with 2 hunters i think but usually the levels are equiped with enough firepower for everything i find myself sneaking past the odd battle due too lazyness or reserving some amo for the next bit

hunters are pretty easy, just gotta stay in a relativly open area and close to em and sneak behind em ...but if theres 2 and u have a few stickies sure just stick one to death with em all and that shud sort one

then its handy enough just killin the other

other than that if theres a few weapons lying around ill put down a good weapon and use some crappier ones to get rid of the easy folks that dont need the big guns then just go back to where the good weapon was

havnt played odst in ages, kinda wana play again now

Advertisement