Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Goods -- where to shop????

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi
    i'm looking to buy a fridge, dishwasher and cooker extracter fan.
    i want to check out the prices cross border but i don't know the names of any shops worth checking out..

can someone recommend somewhere, preferably somewhere with a website (i want to check it out before i trek up there) and a large selection, plus competitive prices

All good and bad experieces of shopping for electrical goods up the north welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

www.currys.co.uk, there's a branch in Newry beside B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Can you still get warranty on electrical goods bought in N.I. and transported south? I would be concerned about large spend items in case warranty was not honoured by their ROI agents? Anyone got experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I'd have to recommend Seamus Watters Electrical in Culloville.

Prices wont be beat and after sales service is second to none. Our Fridge Freezer stopped making ice a couple of weeks after we bought it and they sent out an engineer the next day and fixed it no problem.

My mam had a dishwasher that was a couple of months out of warrenty so Seamus wrote her a new reciept so it would still be fixed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonnaMcN

hey,
    just bought a house n need to buy all electrical goods - ne other suggestions apart from currys that anyone found cheaper than south?also i need tiles - if anyone can recommend a tile shop thats good value that wud b great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

As I said above - Seamus Watters in Culloville is cheaper than the south, friendly, able to haggle and wonderful aftersales service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 arse_jackeen

I bought alot of electricals from http://www.samsyerman.co.uk/ earlier this year. Very good service and saved about €700 compared to down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Argos up there is alot cheaper than Argos down here :)

Advertisement