If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff Arrived! Need setup help >.<

Options
  • 05-10-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Wooo!

My stuff arrived, it all looks shiney and awesome!

Unfortunately I was at work all day and didnt have time to go buy some speaker cables and hdmi cables etc.

Here is where some of you people can be of help to me. As I have the night and tommorow morning to get this sorted out, you can help me double check I have everything I need on my shopping list ;)

I have the following:

BR5 speakers, brw10 sub, denon 1910 receiver, philips 32" hd tv, PS3, xbox 360.

To connect this all I will need 3 hdmi cables (ps3 + 360 to the denon, and then that out to the tv). I also need speaker cable for the speakers and sub. Here is where I get a bit confused.**edit - found the bi-wiring info in the manual and did a quick google and figured it out ;P now to work on finding something about wiring up the sub the best way. I keep finding stuff on wiring up car stereos on the google :( - /edit** Also, how many lengths of wire will i need to hook up the sub (not sure how the best way to hook it up is, the denon quick start thing says just use one cable from the pre-out to the sub, but the sub has a few connectors on the back, so not sure if this is the best way to do it or not - so advice here could be good too ;)).

I was going to post this in the general HE forum, but as I got the setup here and you guys have all been good to me so far I decided to throw the question in here. Hope you all don't mind :)

I'll try and get some pics of it all tommorow too and show you all how it looks (and maybe even see how it sounds :O Shocking idea, I know!)

Thanks again for everything!

GiR / Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi GirRobot,
    You just need a subwoofer cable (RCA to RCA) from subwoofer output of Denon to the subwoofer. Set up with audyessy and away you go.

Good luck,
    Moo

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GirRobot

awesome :) Thought that would be the case after checking the manual. On the old system we had at home before we went from amp, to sub to speaker, so wsa a bit confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Here is a guide for your amp, have a read and it should help with setting up.

http://batpigworld.com/index.html

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Here is a guide for your amp, have a read and it should help with setting up.

http://batpigworld.com/index.html

...and give us a bell if you need any help 01.671.9666 or 04890.321.332

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

GirRobot wrote: »
    Wooo!

My stuff arrived, it all looks shiney and awesome!

Unfortunately I was at work all day and didnt have time to go buy some speaker cables and hdmi cables etc.

Here is where some of you people can be of help to me. As I have the night and tommorow morning to get this sorted out, you can help me double check I have everything I need on my shopping list ;)

I have the following:

BR5 speakers, brw10 sub, denon 1910 receiver, philips 32" hd tv, PS3, xbox 360.

To connect this all I will need 3 hdmi cables (ps3 + 360 to the denon, and then that out to the tv). I also need speaker cable for the speakers and sub. Here is where I get a bit confused.**edit - found the bi-wiring info in the manual and did a quick google and figured it out ;P now to work on finding something about wiring up the sub the best way. I keep finding stuff on wiring up car stereos on the google :( - /edit** Also, how many lengths of wire will i need to hook up the sub (not sure how the best way to hook it up is, the denon quick start thing says just use one cable from the pre-out to the sub, but the sub has a few connectors on the back, so not sure if this is the best way to do it or not - so advice here could be good too ;)).

I was going to post this in the general HE forum, but as I got the setup here and you guys have all been good to me so far I decided to throw the question in here. Hope you all don't mind :)

I'll try and get some pics of it all tommorow too and show you all how it looks (and maybe even see how it sounds :O Shocking idea, I know!)

Thanks again for everything!

GiR / Ben

Hi GR,

I have also ordered the Denon Amp with wall mounted speakers, so I'll be very interested to hear how you get on ...

I spoke to John on Saturday and he was very helpfull !!
    I ordered a roll of speaker cable from John as well with the delivery... He can also supply the sub-woofer cables in pre-set lengths if required ..

Just waiting now to pick up a sub-woofer, and plasma to finish my kit

I'll not be installing my gear for a few weeks yet as my builders are still not finished ..

Keep us posted on your progress ..

Bob

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.