Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which converse allstar is more comfy, hi tops or the low cut ones...

• 05-10-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I need to buy some converse shoes. Which version to get? The bootish ones or the trainer-ish ones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

trainer ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Overblood wrote: »
    I need to buy some converse shoes. Which version to get? The bootish ones or the trainer-ish ones?

You need to buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

yeah definitely the low-cut ones, way comfier and easier to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Converse suck!!!
    Ill take my chunky DCs everytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

High-tops are better IMO, Low type look and are crap.

Can't beat a pair of Asics Gel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the low cut ones definatly high top ones suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Seriously, there are actually people who liked the low ones? The high tops are way nicer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I've got a pair of lows that have elastic buit into them so I don't have to tie them.

You don't get more comfortable then that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Low ones always dig into me :( High tops ftw!!

But id still choose my DCs over any cons anyday comfort-wise, only they look crap with skinny jeans :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I prefer high tops but as you can see, everyone has a different preference so you should just try on both and see which version you like better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Low ones deffo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I love my hi-tops. They're comfy as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yes I need to buy them. I'm going to africa and I want the comfy cheap footwear. I've been hearing about how comfy these converse shoes are. Also, David Attenborough wore them when he was filming his shows in Africa. And he knows his shiat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

hi-tops for sure. Although I find ALL converse shoes are terrible for your feet, there's zero arch support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Hi tops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I much much much prefer the low Converse. I have a few pairs of the hi-top ones too but my ankle feels too restricted or something so I don't wear them very much.

Although etho is right, they offer no arch support whatsoever, my feet are knackered from wearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

hi-tops ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

comfort!!! fashion is pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lively-Blonde

Low tops are much better!

Ive owned both low tops and high tops in the past but the high tops constrict my foot and ankle too much when I'm walking too the point where I feel like im going to twist my ankle, and they squelch something awful if its wet outside or even just after long periods of use. Low Tops for me go with more stuff and as for extra comfort/arch support pop in a pair of supported insoles and your in business!!

Love these shoes sooooooooooooooo much!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Low tops!! I have had both and hands down prefer low tops as the high tops can get too claustrophobic for feet IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i have both but recently i've fallen more in love with my low tops!

tho as other posters have been saying, if you're going to be walking around and trekking a lot your feet will be killing in them, you'd need something with a bit more support for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Laceless low tops FTW!

- Seriously im on my second pair after the first just fell apart from wearing them day after day because theyre just so comfy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

High tops! Love high ones so much have an extra high limited edition pair :)

Advertisement