Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera stolen - please look out

• 05-10-2009 11:24pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Maybe a huge long shot, but my car was broken into on Sunday morning and my camera was nicked. Canon 400D, Sigma 17-70mm, Sigma 70-300mm and a Canon 50mm 1.8. All in a LowePro slingshot bag.

Also stolen was a blue sports bad containing a laptop and a DJ controller.

Just in case anyone sees this for sale anywhere I thought I'd put this up.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Well that really sucks, sorry.

Though...is it not generally known that leaving stuff like that in a car is a terrible idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If you have serial numbers of camera's/lens it may be worthwhile posting. Google indexes the boards forums pretty much constantly so if someone is buying one and googles the serial number this thread should show up.

Just a thought.

/sorry for you. bummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was the laptop a Dell? Informing them will ensure that they will list the number in their database as stolen. Not sure if they can do a whole lot aside from that, though. I'm sure other laptop sellers would do the same.

Advertisement