Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big and strong simple as..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

howtomake wrote: »
    And don't forget to eat your veggies! I think I have to go on a "daily-servings-of-veggies" patrol on this forum, but I guess before I start preaching better put up my own diet :P

veggies are a given, if you are eating them then forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

And don't forget to eat your veggies! I think I have to go on a "daily-servings-of-veggies" patrol on this forum, but I guess before I start preaching better put up my own diet :P

I had some red oinion with my steak does that count?:o

try having broccoli, carrots , asparagus and sweet potato

mickman wrote: »
    remmy - you are making this way more complicated than it actually is. its really very simple. i have been making very good gains over past 6 weeks , even girlfriend was saying how big my shoulders have gotten

1. stop changing programs
    2. doing too many reps
    3. not doing hte correct exercises.

I hate to admit this but I kinda agree with you.I feel like im not doing enough to grow when Im doing a 3/week.rawr ok then Ill do a basic 3/week strength program for the next 6 weeks then when summer hits and iv more time Im going on a pure bodypart split .

training tday.

back/
    lat pulls 120 poundsx8.

powercleans
    50kgx3
    60kgx3
    50kgx3

bent over rows
    50kgx10
    60kgx6

pendlay rows
    60kgx10
    70kgx5

kroc rows
    22.5kg bell x 40 each side.

machine pullovers
    half stack x20.

Im might look into one of those 3/wk 'powerbuilding program' jobies.Starting strength for the next 6 weeks it is then.

Diet
    2 snickers bars
    big bowl of porridge with maple syrup
    2 and a half litres of milk.
    4 slices of white bread with lots of peanut butter.
    5 homemade meatballs with a large bowl of spagetti and bolognase sauce
    4 fish oil caps.

bw-202 lbs.

• Advertisement

why are you doing 3 different kinds of rows?

mickman wrote: »
    why are you doing 3 different kinds of rows?

To hit different parts of my ba...because I felt like it.:o

Remmy wrote: »
    To hit different parts of my ba...because I felt like it.:o

ok then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I pm'd you months ago telling you to stop fapping about -.-

:-)

• Advertisement

:o I fcuked up..

zercher squat 40kgx5,60kg 3x5.

overhead press 40kgx5,45kg 3x5.

power clean 50kg 5x3.

later on during the day..Some touch rugby..I think thats the first time I ran in a couple of months.I got burned by someone 105kg and 6:5 a couple times.good craic though.Then did 5 sprints the width of the pitch and two laps..:rolleyes:

Diet:
    a snickers bar
    a packet of peanut m/m's
    2 and a half litres of milk.
    5 large homemade meatballs.
    large chicken stirfry.

^^I feel thats a bit on the light side especially since I did some cardio so I'll stuff some more food in my face tonight and report back.

Zercher squat
    40kgx5
    65kgx5,5,5.

deadlift
    80kgx5
    110kgx5

bench
    40kgx5
    60kgx5,5,5.

Thoughts.
    The zerchers were grand.I gm/d the last one of the last set up cause I got distracted by something in the gym.deadlifts..grand.Its a bit below what im able to pull but I never deadlifted much in the same session as squatting so it was tiring.bench was ok aswell.Im starting to bench like a normal person.I think tbh what might have held my bench back a bit was watching too many powerlifting videos and thinking I was something more than a rank novice.

Ill post my diet up later on.

Zerchers
    40kgx5
    70kg 3x5.

deadlift
    100kgx5
    115kgx5

bench
    40kgx5
    60kgx5
    65kg 3x5.

5x10- some light weight on facepulls concentrating on form and bringing my scaps together at the end.

I have some sort of minor shoulder impingement and/or I keep sleeping on the same shoulder so it was kinda numb today.

Ill keep doing the facepulls when I can and when I get a bit of extra cash Ill get some bands for band pull aparts.apart from that all is going well.

I felt like sh't goin in but Im glad I didnt puss out because of it and go off and do some curls..

zerchers dead stops.
    50kgx5
    75kg 3x5

overhead press
    40kgx5
    47.5kg 3x5

powerclean
    55kg 5x3

I used a belt for the first time with the zerchers and it cut the sh't out of my waist.I either had it on too tight and/or I had another normal belt on cause I was wearing cargo shorts and the skin got caight in between.

My arms are also starting to look like I self harm..

zercher squat
    40kgx5
    40kgx5
    80kg 3x5

deadlift
    100kgx5
    120kgx5-

bench
    40kgx5
    65kg 3x5

foam rolling
    upper back
    lower back
    errectors
    rear delts
    quads
    hams

pec,tricep,lat stretching.

Squats went well.It was the first time I concentrated on pushing my knees out and = easy reps.

Deadlift was comical.The knurling on the bar is really faint and my hands were really sweaty.I really need to get some more chalk.

Bench= I used the same weight as monday cause I didnt think Id get 70kg for 3x5.Ill up the weight on monday.

zercher
    40kgx5,5.
    85kg 3x5

deadlift
    100kgx5
    125kgx5

bench
    barx5
    40kgx5
    67.5kg 3x5

bent over laterals 3x20.

deads:need chalk..everything else grand.My forearms are starting to look like hamburger meat..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

zercher

My forearms are starting to look like hamburger meat..

Oh yeah I was supposed to be joining you in your pain doing zercher squats, this should be interesting.

Oh yeah I was supposed to be joining you in your pain doing zercher squats, this should be interesting.

Ha there great fun to do once you get used to them plus I think alot of the pain can be mitigated if you properly have the bar in the crook of your elbows as opposed to the middle part of the forearm..which I did.pic doesnt do justice to the epic bruisyness..

01082008444.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement

Ha there great fun to do once you get used to them plus I think alot of the pain can be mitigated if you properly have the bar in the crook of your elbows as opposed to the middle part of the forearm..which I did.pic doesnt do justice to the epic bruisyness..

01082008444.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ouch! Well at least you didn't break the skin. I seem to be having some problems with these, can't quite get it up:rolleyes:. Guess I'll have to lower my ego and maybe put less weight on the bar.

Everybody has bigger arms than me :(

Ouch! Well at least you didn't break the skin. I seem to be having some problems with these, can't quite get it up:rolleyes:. Guess I'll have to lower my ego and maybe put less weight on the bar.

You cant get it off your knees or the floor?I dont start mine on the floor.They look really awkward that way.I deadlift the weight up like normal then lower it to mid-thigh and put the bar on my quads and start it from there if that makes sense?

Everybody has bigger arms than me :(

lol Im gonna assume that was sarcasm.:D

lol Im gonna assume that was sarcasm.:D

It wasn't.

I have the smallest biceptuals ever.

You cant get it off your knees or the floor?I dont start mine on the floor.They look really awkward that way.I deadlift the weight up like normal then lower it to mid-thigh and put the bar on my quads and start it from there if that makes sense?

Yeah I tried it by deadlifting it, the problem was trying to create a space to get my arms through. But after I lowered the weight, I finally got it. Then I upped the weight a bit more once I got the dynamics of it, seemed to be ok then. But never got up to 32kg like I wanted, only 27.5kg. It got my buns good though starting from a dead stop, thanks for the heads up.:cool:

Zercher was a bit of a disaster today lol.
    40kgx5,5.
    60kgx5
    90kgx5-ripped my shorts in two on the first rep.
    90kgx5-felt out of the groove wasnt very upright through the reps
    decided to leave the last set and attack 90kg again the next day.

Went away changed pants..

Overhead press
    40kgx5
    50kg 3x5

power clean
    40kgx5
    60kg 3x5-fcukin love power cleans great craic.

I was watching this last night and thought Id give em a go

cheat curl
    ez bar+20kgx10
    ez bar+30kgx5
    ez bar+40kgx3,3.
    ez bar+20kgx10.

Foam rolling x lots
    Im sure that sent some of the bench N curl guys in my gym into guffaws of superiority.;)

cardio/recovery.

Made a sled.

[IMG][/img]03082008461.jpg

Its just a wheelbarrow with the legs/wheel removed and a few holes drilled so I can attach either the weight belt or the bar for row type movements.

There is 30kg in of those cement weight and 5kg in of water in each of the ammo cans Id say so about 40kg +the sled.

I cant remember exactly how much I did but it went something like this.

sled+40kg
    backwards sprints with weight belt on waist
    4x 40 yards.

sled+40kg sumo rows(not sure if correct name-basically sumo high pull type movement)
    4x 40 yard lengths.

sled+40kg
    belt high on shoulders 4x40yard sprints.

I then added two 2gallon water container filled with water to the sled so dunno how much weight that added.

2x40 yard forward walks.

Then these at 8:00 of this video

sled +15kg
    4x40 yard lengths.-went well.guess I dont need to buy a neck harness after all..solid.;)

Very nice, love to see creative at-home gym stuff.

• Advertisement

Very nice, love to see creative at-home gym stuff.

Go search for Rubadubs posts. You'll love him.

Advertisement