Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big and strong simple as..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Go search for Rubadubs posts. You'll love him.

Yeah I read a few of his posts alright.He is one inventive dude!

howtomake wrote: »
    Very nice, love to see creative at-home gym stuff.

Thanks!All I need to do now is add some proper weight to it.:DI know someone who has a few old jeeps lying around so I might look at getting a broken rover v8 engine for weight-ie very heavy jeep engine(think their around 220 pounds).

I think the next thing I might chance making is farmers walks handles with lengths of steel girder.I saw someone do that somewhere on the internet.:D

Busy enough today with an assignment so I did this today and Ill catch up over the rest of the week.

deads
    40kgx5
    90kgx5
    110kgx5
    130kgx5

plate rows
    2 25's stacked on top of each other and performed like a bent over rowx20.

The last set of deads was kinda manky.If im not conscious of pushing out my abs and driving with my legs I can fall into the habit of of just levering the weight up with my low back.Thats what I did there.Stupid me..

I also have a shocking anterior pelvic tilt that could also be throwing me off + gives me some sciatic nerve pain but I've no clue how to fix that.

Bench
    barx5
    40kgx5,5.
    60kgx5,
    65kg 3x5.

jm press 40kg 2x10.

facepull.

bi/tri superset

moved my grip in on bench a bit.It feels more natural this way.JM's went well gonna keep these in.Gonna keep my mouth shut till I can bench bw.

PM sledding

sled + 15kg

neck extensions x 50

'yoke walks' 4x30 yards.

This was very peacefull.

Note for myself while I can still remember.The JM's felt solid.Im starting to get the feel of them.I used the thumb measure from smooth on my bench sets and JM's and that felt alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Remmy wrote: »
    plate rows
    2 25's stacked on top of each other and performed like a bent over rowx20.

I also have a shocking anterior pelvic tilt that could also be throwing me off + gives me some sciatic nerve pain but I've no clue how to fix that.

Can you get that checked out? I would if I were you, no use waiting until it becomes a real problem. It's a challenge some times working out on your own without anyone to really point out any corrections.

Are the plates thin? Don't think I could get my hands around 2 plates.

Can you get that checked out? I would if I were you, no use waiting until it becomes a real problem. It's a challenge some times working out on your own without anyone to really point out any corrections.

Are the plates thin? Don't think I could get my hands around 2 plates.

The thing is that I know roughly what the problem is.It's common enough with people who spend alot of the day sitting down, its more of a case of keeping on point with the stretches which I kinda let slip at times and it catches up with me.Basically I have weak abs, dormant glutes and tight hip flexors.:D

Re the plates they are normal rubber coated 25kg plates.I can wrap my hands around both but it was more of a touch of ocd exercise selection than anything else.:D

Ah yes, the "evil desk syndrome".

^^ha good way of putting it.

sumo deads beltless
    50kgx5
    90kgx5
    110kgx5-dbl overhand

suprised with these.I think its the first time I did them and I found this weight handy compared to conventionals.I thought its the opposite for tall people .but maybe its cause the decreased rom.meh..

bw single leg squats back leg elevated
    10,10,10-the hardest thing was keeping my balance..like a three legged stool.

ghr on smith
    HARD!I needed to push off on each rep.Glad I figured out how to do them though.Out of the gym 15 mins and I can feel my hams twitching.

plate pinches
    two 5kg plates in each hand with smooth sides facing out.
    3x 30 second holds.I made each time..just.This should benefit me.I chalked up though not sure if your meant to for grip exercises.

Just had a small weight gain shake..half cup of oats,two tablespoons of peanut butter,small tub of cream,two glasses of milk and 5 heaped teapoons of ovalteen.Rhodestown here I come!Im going to go to bed soon before I start to feel unwell.:eek:

• Advertisement

Just had a small weight gain shake..half cup of oats,two tablespoons of peanut butter,small tub of cream,two glasses of milk and 5 heaped teapoons of ovalteen.Rhodestown here I come!Im going to go to bed soon before I start to feel unwell.:eek:

That actually sounds yummy, although my slight lactose intolerance would surface with all that dairy in one go.
    I'm taking another leaf out of your book, any suggestions for playing with a diving belt in small spaces? I used it for adding weight for negatives and a kettlebell swing variation.

I have:
    (2) 12lb weights,
    (1) 6lb weight and
    (2) 1kg weights
    :D

Today AM

bw dips-9,6,6.

jm press-barx10,30kgx10,10,10,10

barbell shrugs-80kgx15,15,15

bb curls 30kgx10,10,10.

lat pulls-3 sets of 10.

Improvement needed everywhere.I felt like sh/t today but glad I didnt slack out.It's assignment time so Im getting around five hours sleep per day which Im not used too.

On the plus side a mate of mine is coming home for the weekend so I'll probablly end up squatting either tonight or tommorow morning.

That actually sounds yummy, although my slight lactose intolerance would surface with all that dairy in one go.
    I'm taking another leaf out of your book, any suggestions for playing with a diving belt in small spaces? I used it for adding weight for negatives and a kettlebell swing variation.

I have:
    (2) 12lb weights,
    (1) 6lb weight and
    (2) 1kg weights
    :D

It was delish.Not something I'd want to be doing very often though.Am re the belt..You could prob use it for adding weight to inverted rows.It might be a good way of building strength for progressing onto pullups?Other than that Im fresh out of ideas?Zipline?:D

Today PM

front squat
    40kgx5,5

60kgx5

80kgx4 failed on 5th:mad::mad:

Felt like a fcukin failure

no rest onto

back squats

60kgx25.

PM sledding

sled + 15kg

neck extensions x 50

'yoke walks' 4x30 yards.

This plus

backward sled drags

lots of facepulls

lots of single arm rows

Its great to get out in the sun!:DI feel like a million bucks after it!

+ some foam rolling my back,hams,hips and glutes with a steel ball.mmm painfull..

Mmm, I love sunshine:), does make you feel better.

bradford press bar x10

bench
    bar x10,10

40kgx5,5
    60kgx5
    thumb width away from rings
    60kgx1
    70kgx3
    75kgx2
    60kgx5

db bench
    20's x

db row
    20's x 15
    22's x 15,15,15

facepulls
    25x15
    35x15,15,15.

ab pulldowns
    35x15
    50x15,15,15.

and thank you to whoever threw up Vogelpohl XXX on youtube.I raping the replay button..

Ate like a bird today.Prob got in less than 500 cals between now and 12 last night to to stress and other bullcrap.hope it doesnt effect my lifting too much tmr.

Got less than 2.5 hours sleep last night,4 the night before,and 5 the night before that due to work that needed to be done.Its over me for the time being!:D

powerclean

40kgx3,3
    60kgx3
    70kgx2

clean
    70kg
    20 reps in 20 mins.

foamrolled
    upperback
    erectors-in bits from leaning over a computer nonstop the past few days
    hips
    hams
    quads
    glutes

That felt awesome!not as in 'feel the burn' awesome but edorphins rushing to my head julie andrews style awesome!

Gonna doing something outside later on that involves sunshine and then try to induce a carb coma..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Does he sound like Eddie Vedder to anyone else?

Does he sound like Eddie Vedder to anyone else?

He's not a million miles away from him alright.I always thought Eddie Vedder sounded alot like Cat Stevans..

power clean

40kgx3,3.
    60kg 3x3.

pushpress
    50kgx5
    60kgx5,5,3

got two 65kg singles in there somewhere

My leg drive is very slow and lazy.I need to work on this.

pendlay row
    60kgx5
    70kgx5
    60kgx5
    60kgx5
    60kgx5.

5 mile cycle.

made a fat bar so..

guns 5x10

jm press 5x10

Whatcha make your fat bar out of? I've got my towel thingy for home weights, but wouldn't mind something that is portable to the gym (without any stares from anyone :o).

Whatcha make your fat bar out of? I've got my towel thingy for home weights, but wouldn't mind something that is portable to the gym (without any stares from anyone :o).

I made it out of a hollow steel bar and made it into a sleeve cause I had an old inch barbell so I could use it with that.:)

A heavy rusty bar wouldn't be what Id call convenient for bringing to the gym so If that was me Id either wrap a towel around the bar as you're doing or get some fat gripz.Id say two stiff sponges would work quite well too actually..

5 mile cycle.

doesnt look like ill be able to hit the gym till wednesday.stupid coursework :mad:

single handed fat bar pc's.about 5 with 30kg plus however much the bar weighs and then it came loose and bashed me in the face.

single handed pc's with normal barx a few.

a few powersnatches with 40kg

single handed fat bar pc's.about 5 with 30kg plus however much the bar weighs and then it came loose and bashed me in the face.

Hmm, weights that fight back, eh?
    Sounds like exactly what would happen to me, only I'd lose a couple of teeth in the process, manage to break a chair and step on my own foot all at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

peoples+eyebrow.jpg

Advertisement