Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big and strong simple as..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

howtomake wrote: »
    Hmm, weights that fight back, eh?
    Sounds like exactly what would happen to me, only I'd lose a couple of teeth in the process, manage to break a chair and step on my own foot all at the same time.

ha classic.Im pretty accident prone myself at times.I had it coming to me with this though.:D

finally last assignment done for the year.I'l have a bit more time to train and eat properly and lay off the cafeine.Im gonna do a brain deload for the next week feel like my linear progression has stalled.phase one is currently watching a doc about baboons attacking villagers with a few beers.:pac::pac:

sled neck extensions x 100 reps

sled facepulls. 8 x 30 yard drags, 4 with 15, 4 with 20.

fat bar curls 3 x 10

I'll start back lifting some weights tmr.Im gonna be in wed,thurs,fri this week.I want to squat,bench,dead,press clean and pendlay row.Anyone that might be reading know how I should structure it these 3 days?

Remmy wrote: »
    sled neck extensions x 100 reps

sled facepulls. 8 x 30 yard drags, 4 with 15, 4 with 20.

fat bar curls 3 x 10

I'll start back lifting some weights tmr.Im gonna be in wed,thurs,fri this week.I want to squat,bench,dead,press clean and pendlay row.Anyone that might be reading know how I should structure it these 3 days?

This'l do..

wed-bench,dead
    thurs-cleans,snatch,pendlays
    fri-squat,press

• Advertisement

deads
    40kgx5
    60kgx5
    100kgx5
    belt
    100kg x1
    120kg x1
    140kg for two singles
    160x 5 failed attempts.
    took belt off
    100kgx5
    120kg x 1
    130kgx1
    140kgx1
    160 x 3 failed attempts again I couldn't break it off the floor.

bench
    warmup-bradford press full extension...bar x 10.

bench
    40kg x 5
    60kg x3
    70kg x3
    75kg for 3 singles.
    back off set -65kg 3x3.

foam rolling
    back
    hips
    hams
    glutes

.Im trying to be as metodical as I can with my form.Im coming to the realisation that until I start to dial in my form I will constantly flounder and no amount of assistance exercises will help that.

Thoughts:

Dead-I was playing around with different form. All the sets where I wore the belt I tried rolling the bar away then back to me.That doesnt seem to suit me at this moment in my lifting.I also flipped the belt around so iv more surface area on my abs to push against-meh no change. I then took the belt off and moved to a narrower stance, like outside heel inside knurling when looking down if that makes sense and tried dropping down quick with bar close to shins.

Bench-This was the best benching in a few months embarrasingly enough. I was very concious of setting up.Really tight grip on bar,scaps pinched hard together and into the bench,bring the bar lower down instead of flaring,keeping my body tight and using some leg drive.This helped alot!

Cliff notes for myself-Form on the main lifts instead of tons of assistance garbage.More volume on the main lifts to actually learn them.

Pendlays
    40kg 2x5.
    60kg x 5
    70kg 2x5
    65kg 5x5

Cheat curls-Thought I was Ricky Bruch for a second..guess not.
    40kg 2x5
    50kgx5
    60kgx1
    50kgx5

:eek::D Dont think the cheat curls will feature too heavily in my program in the future..

PM

sled neck extensions

15 x100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Thoughts:

Dead-I was playing around with different form. All the sets where I wore the belt I tried rolling the bar away then back to me.That doesnt seem to suit me at this moment in my lifting.I also flipped the belt around so iv more surface area on my abs to push against-meh no change. I then took the belt off and moved to a narrower stance, like outside heel inside knurling when looking down if that makes sense and tried dropping down quick with bar close to shins.

Sounds confusing:P

Sounds confusing:P

It was:D

• Advertisement

Friday:o:o:o

front squats
    40kgx5
    60kgx5
    70kgx5

overhead press
    40kgx5
    50kgx5

waay too sleepy and unmotivated to train.A big greasy fry 5 mins before stepping into the gym probablly didnt help.:rolleyes:

Go away sun till after my exams..Im not equipped to deal with you..

sled face pulls
    4 30 yard trips with 15kg
    2 30 yard trips with 30kg

sled neck extensions
    20kg x 20 reps

ab pulldown movement with sled
    30kg x 75 reps in total.

All with my shirt off for the vitaman d goodness ;)

Maybe the reason for the lethargy yesterday is the manflu I now have.Im grand for the year then the first week it starts to get warmish, I get sick..typical.Im gonna go into fatboy mode over the weekend see if that helps.I want to get 80kg for a few singles in bench on monday.

Front squat
    bar x 5
    40kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5

Bench
    bar x 5
    40kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    75kg x 5 singles

back off set-60kg x 10,7,5.

Plate shrugs. two 25kg plates x 25,25.

I spent the weekend cutting out and hauling away a 18ft high evergreen hedge in front of the parents house so Im pretty tired.I was hoping for more than one set of 5 with front squats with 70kg but I'll be smart and get them sometime later in the week.

Bench went well.Really trying to drill technique. The back off set was meant to be 3x10 but I fcuked up.

Shrugs were for the yoke..gotta keep it fed..

dying with the flu so bit of a meh session.

power snatch 40kg 3x3

snatch high pull 50kgx3-Was going to try and see if I could snatch it but there was someone standing right behind me and if i failed i would have dumped it on his face.

dumbell clean and press
    22.5kg x 3 each side
    25.5kg x 3 each side
    27.5kg x 3 each side

plate shrugs x 25 x 2.

cable concentration curls 5x10-opposite arm only rests when other arm is working..pump..

snatch
    20kg x5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5

btn press
    40kg 5x5

jm press
    20kgx10
    30kgx7
    40kgx4
    moved grip in
    30kg 3x10

bb curls
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kg 3x5

btn db skullcrusher
    10kgx15
    20kgx15 rp'd

bent over hammers
    10kgx 15
    15kg x15x2

Lm shrugs
    5x10-no rest

some backwards sled drags

had wanted to do 5x5 with the snatches but was using my home barbell so it was too short to using my proper grip. jm's felt good once I moved my grip in so I could tuck more. that 3x10 set I rolled it back once it got to my clavicle..felt good.

Looks like someone is feeling better :)

Looks like someone is feeling better :)

Ha no I wish that was a pretty easy session but Im still pretty fecked up. Manflu's are a cruel temptress..

did 15 negative only pullups and ill prob do about 10 more today .Nearly every strong person I know IRL and on teh internet are able to do lots of pullups and mine are shi#te so Im gonna get after them.

front sqwat
    20kgx5
    40kgx5
    60kgx5
    70kgx3
    I let someone slap the plates on so these were done with no rest between sets.

bench
    barx5,5.
    40kgx5
    60kgx5
    70kgx2
    75kgx1
    3 board
    75kgx3pb
    80kgx1pb
    85kgx1pb

I worked in with someone so just did what they did.First time using boards.absolute great craic.

db clean and press
    20kgx3
    25kgx3
    26kgx3-fatter handle

powersnatch
    40kgx3
    50kgx1-bit of a pressout at the top.Id say I would have got it handy if I was fresh.

power curl
    40kgx5
    50kgx5I think thats a pr

then I was showing off to a friend with single arm barbell snatches..I did 3 each side with the bar then did 3 each side with 30.The last rep on my right side after I snatched it up I overhead squatted it while lookinng over my shoulder at someone..such a fcuking showoff.I then hit the golden arches for 2x double cheeseburgers supersetted with a smallcoke.Does a springbok jersey consititute a bench shirt ?:pac: I also chopped a few more trees with the chainsaw this morning so thats my forearm muscles worked.May work the old neck and some traps tmr..

did 15 negative only pullups and ill prob do about 10 more today .Nearly every strong person I know IRL and on teh internet are able to do lots of pullups and mine are shi#te so Im gonna get after them.

Tell me about it! I did a chin yesterday, finally (again) but I still feel like a weakling. Ah well progress is progress at this stage for me, at least we are getting stronger instead of stagnating.

• Advertisement

quick sesh
    single leg barbell deads
    20kgx10 each side
    30kgx10 each side
    40kgx10 e s
    30kgx10 e s

bench situps
    10kg
    3x10

gonna make an effort to bring my ab strength and hams up .triceps too but offtopic.no excuse not to and these being weak impact on my main lifts.

Tell me about it! I did a chin yesterday, finally (again) but I still feel like a weakling. Ah well progress is progress at this stage for me, at least we are getting stronger instead of stagnating.

exactly yeah.I look at it this way..if I can go from 2 pullups to 10 while still gaining weight thats gotta help my other lifts or at least keep things in balance.+ everyone keeps asking me (a) what I bench and (b) how many pullups I can do much to my chagrin.:o

neck work
    5kg plate on forehead off bench
    60 front
    40 back of head

I also spent about 5 hours today splitting logs with an axe. My hands are covered in blisters.:pac:I didn't get in many cals either.I'd imagine my bw has dropped down to 205.No biggie I'll just eat more tommorow. I'll try sneak in a upper body assistance workout also. My hamstrings and glutes are fubared from those single leg deads.Great stuff!

military press-messed around with a wider false grip.It feels kinda nifty.
    10kgx10
    20kgx10
    40kg 5 x10
    2 pullups

jm's
    20kgx10
    2 pullups
    30kgx10
    2 pullups
    30kgx10
    2 pullups
    30kgx10

exactly yeah.I look at it this way..if I can go from 2 pullups to 10 while still gaining weight thats gotta help my other lifts or at least keep things in balance.+ everyone keeps asking me (a) what I bench and (b) how many pullups I can do much to my chagrin.:o

Think of it as encouragement.

my lifting has gone to the dogs in the past few weeks cause my gym membership is up so I can either look for another one during the summer months or set up a home gym.Im setting up a home gym..I just need to get all the cash ready for a decent amount of plates, a barbell and some kettlebells.I'm gonna have a bash at making a power rack myself..Even someone as hamfisted as myself should be able to knock one together pretty painlessly..unless I weld my hands together.Im just messing around with bw stuff till this is done..trying to master a handstand pushup.:pac:

my lifting has gone to the dogs in the past few weeks cause my gym membership is up so I can either look for another one during the summer months or set up a home gym.Im setting up a home gym..I just need to get all the cash ready for a decent amount of plates, a barbell and some kettlebells.I'm gonna have a bash at making a power rack myself..Even someone as hamfisted as myself should be able to knock one together pretty painlessly..unless I weld my hands together.Im just messing around with bw stuff till this is done..trying to master a handstand pushup.:pac:

:(

:(

:confused::eek:;)

yesterday did some curls.Worked up too an all time embarrassing record of 40kgx15.

today did some feet elevated handstad pushups..

Like 0.15 but my feet were on twice the height of that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Can you hold a wall handstand too dude? If so, you can start doing shortened ROM HSPU down to some books or whatever. I found those a big help. Also, try not to do what Nicole is doing with her back, she needs to be spanked for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

nicole carroll <3

Advertisement