Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big and strong simple as..

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Can you hold a wall handstand too dude? If so, you can start doing shortened ROM HSPU down to some books or whatever. I found those a big help. Also, try not to do what Nicole is doing with her back, she needs to be spanked for that.

Hey man, yeah I can hold a wall handstand but I cant press back up from the bottom just yet.I'll add in some partial wall HSPU's thanks for the advice!

nicole carroll <3

motion seconded..

Franley.21,15,9 burpees and airsquats- 9:51. I am dreadfully unfit:rolleyes:..If a zombie invasion comes I'd be the first to perish..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

HSPU with bands are good as well. Loop one around a bar, thread a second one through it and wear it like a backpack. Then kick up into a handstand and kick one leg around the band.

Molly wrote: »
    HSPU with bands are good as well. Loop one around a bar, thread a second one through it and wear it like a backpack. Then kick up into a handstand and kick one leg around the band.

Hey, thanks for the the tip!I'll be sure to try them out when im using bands again.thanks again.

• Advertisement

devised a little metcon for myself.

20 rope jumps
    10 x 20kg db swings (left hand)
    10 jumping pullups
    10 x 20kg db swings (right hand)
    20 rope jumps

I did it 3 times and tried to beat my previous time each go.It went like this.

First attempt-3:29
    2nd attempt- 2:37
    3rd attempt- 2:11

I also tried to get a log from the ground onto my shoulder .I got it up 4 times on my right shoulder and 3 on my right.Its just a 60kg thick log that I kept when I was cutting down some trees.The bark cut into my neck a bit on each side but it was still fun.

franley:7:32-progess:Dthats 2 mins of my previous pb.It's gonna come down everytime I train it.

don't know why I bother to update this..
    100 skips
    30kg barbell shrugs x100
    20kg barbell curls x 50
    40 skips

I also did 1 full rom HSPU 3 days ago at a bw of 204 pounds..not training ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Remmy wrote: »
    don't know why I bother to update this..
    100 skips
    30kg barbell shrugs x100
    20kg barbell curls x 50
    40 skips

I also did 1 full rom HSPU 3 days ago at a bw of 204 pounds..not training ftw.

I love skipping, its been awhile since I've done any, I don't do anything fancy but if you get the right music with the right bpm, you can just bounce along.

Had to look up "HSPU", damn acronyms!

howtomake wrote: »
    I love skipping, its been awhile since I've done any, I don't do anything fancy but if you get the right music with the right bpm, you can just bounce along.

Had to look up "HSPU", damn acronyms!

Yeah It's good fun alright.I want to do a double under soon enough.

• Advertisement

:confused:R:confused:E:confused:M:confused:M:confused:Y:confused:

howtomake wrote: »
    :confused:R:confused:E:confused:M:confused:M:confused:Y:confused:

My training looks pretty boring now as im putting more of a focus on conditioning.I dont think in my life i have ever tried to be aerobically fit,always scoffed at the idea but im trying my best to build the biggest gastank ever:D

Lets see today I did

some light db flyes to warm up my chest
    some db benching up to 20kg bells x10
    benchpress I think it was just 60kgx20
    wrestling bridges 3x10
    powercleans 70kgx3

then I went to another gym

worked on the heavy bag for 3x 2mins.different combinations.
    treadmill x 700 metres
    skippingx30
    med ball throws to partner x 20 each arm.
    swim x 5 lengths.-wrecked me.
    swimming underwater for distance/4 half lengths of pool.
    jacuzi/sauna/cold shower.

It looks mish mashed and hap-hazard because it was and I had no set plan of what I was going to do so I just winged it.

I think im going for some hill sprints/running in the forest tommorow.Ill do some other stuff to raise my heart rate also.Ill keep logging again cause its great for keeping track of what im doing

Ill keep logging again cause its great for keeping track of what im doing

Ya and then I don't have to wonder if you are just being lazy :p!
    My training looks pretty boring now as im putting more of a focus on conditioning.I dont think in my life i have ever tried to be aerobically fit,always scoffed at the idea but im trying my best to build the biggest gastank everbiggrin.gif
    He who scoffs first, scoffs longest.

lets see

50 wrestling bridges
    chopped wood for 30/40mins
    gunshow 30kgx20rp'ed
    pullups -loads of singles.Im doing one every time I pass the pullup bar to try improve the number i can do in one set.
    I was supposed to go for a run in the forest but it was raining.i know what a girl..

50 front bridges

two 5 min rounds
    one different exercise performed for each minute of the 5.harder than it sounds

50 wrestling bridges
    4 mile jog with some walking inbetween when I needed to catch my breath

bentover 1 arm barbell rows up to 30kg x10 each arm
    single arm tbar row 25kg x20 each arm

barbell ab roll out negatives 2x10

50 front bridges

javelin press
    10kgx10 each arm
    20kgx5 each arm
    back down to
    10kgx10x3 each arm

sotts press
    20kgx5
    30kgx3

3 rounds of
    30 rope jumps super-setted with 10 punching bag slams.

50 front bridges

I thought I would get 20-25kgx10 with the javelin press..guess not.

sotts press it neat.
    I got a slight pain in my midback when I was pressing out, think its down to bad shoulder mobility and hence bad bar path.I got the same thing when I tried to do overhead squats lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I got a slight pain in my midback when I was pressing out, think its down to bad shoulder mobility and hence bad bar path

Literally, the worst thing you could do is load them that much if you've ****ty flexibility.

Literally, the worst thing you could do is load them that much if you've ****ty flexibility.

Thanks for the tip.I'll keep the weight moderate on them untill I get my flexibility up.

50 wrestling bridges

1 mile run

chins 5x3
    close grip pushups 3x5

• Advertisement
Advertisement