Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To much hop up

Options
  • 05-10-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi everybody, I installed a prometheus 469mm 6.03mm barrel and a gaurder silicone hop up bucking into my d boys spr. Even with the hop up turned off there is still to much and the bb's are rising to much, im using .25g excel bb's can some one please tell me what i might be doing wrong, Thanks Mr X15:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It could be that you caught the nub on the way in and its not in its right location, hence being stuck on. try taking out the arm that presses the hopup and installing the nub that way. it should sit in a lot more easily. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Some new hops add spin anyway, madbull blues have too much hop for .2's when first installed, but .25's are grand.

It could be as richie says you've installed it wrong first time, try again and if its still too much, you'd just have to break it in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭kevinw07

I installed a guarder silicone hop up only 2 days ago and even with the hop up fully off it still rises just a tiny bit but not much.

I installed it correctly as i checked it 2 times to be sure.

I think they just need a bit of time to bed in properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Viper Antidote

Hi, as the lads have already suggested Kevin .......good chance the hop up sleeve wasn't installed correctly. Did you break down the hop up chamber to instal the sleeve or simply take off the C clip and remove the barrell then pop the new sleeve on the barrell and pop it back into the hop up unit?

If you're Southside and near Liffey Valley'ish and want to have the Hop Up checked give me a pm and i'll see what the prob is!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

Thanks for the replies everybody ... yeah I completely disassembled the hop unit and put it back together i'm fairly sure i installed it correctly as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Viper Antidote

The little tiny piece that goes under the hop up arm installed properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

yeah fairly sure that is in the correct place.

Advertisement