Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daigo V Justin FT10 17th October Ohio

• 06-10-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Anyone else keeping an eye on this one?

I'm deadly curious to see how this one goes. :rolleyes:

The thread says it won't be streamed so hopefully people will film it for later uploading. Great viewing if they do though :D

I'd say Justin will be itching to get some kind of credibility back for himself being on home ground too! I was gonna make it a poll on who people think will win but what's the point ha!

Ry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The dude has tons of credibility, he's pretty much universally recognised as the best fighting games player in the USA. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yeah I don't think he needs credibility.

He's rated highly by the Japanese too, just the way their tournaments work he has to have a partner, who brings him down.

He should just play with Daigo for SBO next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

Yeah I don't think he needs credibility.

He's rated highly by the Japanese too, just the way their tournaments work he has to have a partner, who brings him down.

wow that would be strange....
    daigo has a secret soft spot for j wong...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Well yes he's got an incredible record in various games but I meant credibility against Daigo in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i didnt think he was rated highly by the japenese?
    he along with the rest of usa always got battered in sf3 in SBO.

LETS GO JUSTIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Placebo wrote: »

LETS GO JUSTIN
    He has become in recent years afaik. Daigo said to him after Evo that his Boxer was a million miles better than any Jap Boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

hmmm... Can that text be rephrased please?
    And besides, I think Daigo has enough people lined up to play with him :P

Going back to the main topic, I'm 100% sure Daigo will win. Justin Wong is good but he isn't Daigo good :)

Placebo wrote: »

LETS GO JUSTIN

Let's go Justin? I hope you're just trying to be Altarnariative ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't like Wong, so go Daigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, Wong looks like an arrogant prick after watching him at the GameStop tournament when he was playing against some guy in a hoodie.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Don't like Wong, so go Daigo.
    Leprekaun wrote: »
    Yeah, Wong looks like an arrogant prick after watching him at the GameStop tournament when he was playing against some guy in a hoodie.

Finally someone mentions this. jwong is a dick, I've never seen a video of the guy where he doesn't seem like an a$$hat. He's undoubtedly a great player, but honestly, there is no humility, which Daigo does have imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pissing off Marn is pretty funny though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c80io3SFXzk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Finally someone mentions this. jwong is a dick, I've never seen a video of the guy where he doesn't seem like an a$$hat. He's undoubtedly a great player, but honestly, there is no humility, which Daigo does have imo!

He's actually not that bad. I've seen a lot interviews where he comes across as a sound guy. However he is now playing a part when he is on the big screen and he has chosen to be a heel. TBH he is the kind of player the community needs - loud mouth cocky players that build the hype.

Tbh, that's the way it is in America. They have hip hop jock in your face East V West thing going on, and they are like that to each other, but when they play people who aren't in their own community they're more respectful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye he comes accross a lot different in interviews.

finally usa's caught up i would say give it more time but sure supers coming out.

Lets go JUSTIN has a website?
    http://jwonggg.com/

also he says he has a girlfriend but i say, PICS OR GTFO !

He does have a girlfriend, she's the asian girl you see near the arcade unit in most of the Chinatown vids.

Nah wong, is a complete knobend. Just look at the EVO final, he leapt up and celebrated after winning a round! Daigo shoulda pressed start and caught him unawares.

Also Leprekaun: Some guy? SOME GUY!? That's Mike Ross!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I doubt he'd lie about that. I think he gets into it a bit too much personally, like in Evo when he got up in the middle of his match with Daigo, that was pretty arrogant.

EDIT: Ninja'd on both my points!

• Advertisement

is she hot? or is that a stupid question
    only realised hes on srk as Justin W

She's asian as well. Never gotten a good look at her though.

Wow, derailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

If wong picks Rog again... He could stand a pretty good chance.. Daigo knows his **** about Abel n Rufus :P

Daigo has sorta a website too..
    http://beastdaigo.jp/

Ha! Well it seems Wong is using a lot more Boxer lately.

He did pretty well against Daigo at EVO '09 with him even though he lost, it did come down to the wire after many sets so I'd be surprised if he wasn't using him as his main when this event comes in a week or so.

Ry

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I doubt he'd lie about that. I think he gets into it a bit too much personally, like in Evo when he got up in the middle of his match with Daigo, that was pretty arrogant.

EDIT: Ninja'd on both my points!
    Not really arrogance, more of "HOLY ****, I MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN THIS THING. US MIGHT NOT GET BEAT BY JAPAN AGAIN (and again and again and again). He was giving the audience what they wanted. If he did that with someone who was worse than him you could call him a prick, but the fact that he did it and all of the audience were going crazy for it is a compliment to how good Diago is.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb76Sn1YvTc&feature=player_embedded

Watch 45 seconds in... Wong is getting up in some ones face... thats not Sports man like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV8bhOgmk2I&feature=player_embedded

1:03 into this.. Hes just been a complete dick head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Pretty sure he knows that guy pretty well, also that's how the arcade culture is in America.

Threads complaining about Justin Wong are the most boring things ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dreddybajs wrote: »

This and playing a against 'Gief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Jim wrote: »

LOL yeah I saw that before, ever since then when I read "Lets go Justin" I play it in my head like "Rets Ro Jrustin"
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Pretty sure he knows that guy pretty well, also that's how the arcade culture is in America.

Both times mentioned there , its Mike Ross wearing the hoodie. Indeed he knows him. But if I was up on stage like that and was playing one of my best mates and I beat him, there's no way in hell I'd do something like that to him in front of all those people.

Justin seems like a bit of a sap to me, I don't like him. But I will concede that that american attitude in general pisses me off. So maybe its just that. Still, I don't see mike ross or gootecks or others (that sagat player joe or whatever for example) acting like pricks just to raise 'hype' they seem to be able to do that with out getting in peoples face.

Its just a no brainier that its highly disrespectful to act like that in front of a crowd of people. Mike Ross doesn't looks all that pleased either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Justin is apparently fine in person.

Anyway this is the god tier of arseholes

Advertisement