Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia in May and June 2010

Options
  • 06-10-2009 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Trying to arrange a trip through India, SE Asia, Oz and NZ (not necessarily in that order), starting in Nov, ending in July. Just wondering if May and June are a good time of the year to hit Oz. Not too bothered about spending time in Sydney, would like to do the Great Ocean Road, Ayers Rock, and spend a bit of time up by the Great Barrier Reef, will the fact that I'm going during Oz's Autumn/winter adversely affect those plans?

Have no real idea of the time frame needed to do any of the above, any help would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 georgelowden

lived in oz for 15 yrs autumn /winter is good ,especially if you haven't acclimatised....
    ayes rock (and that far inland) is real cold at knight . but ---hot during the day .....

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

i arrived to sydney the first week in june n it was raining,and freezing cold! avoid sydney that time of year is my advice.....its pretty dead during winter, apparently cairns and darwin are good for winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Great Ocean Road in winter - brrrrr.... fewer flies though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Sounds like a good half lap to do driving! Land in melbourne, get a camper. do the great ocean road and continue on to adelaide and up the middle to alice springs. go to ayers rock, and drive north again towards cairns. then see the reef from there. Make sure u go to the whitsundays though! i was there in august last year and it was pretty hot!

Advertisement