Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psychiatry and big pharma

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,496 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

espinolman wrote: »

That says he's a medical doctor not a psychiatrist.
    And wikipedia has him a surgeon as well.

Scientology claims that all psychiatrists are all in on a plot to control the world through psychiatry.

Also that really doesn't address any of the points I've brought up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

King Mob wrote: »

If you want to argue against psychiatry and psychology maybe you shouldn't use sources that base their information on the ravings of a mad cult leader.

Listen if some of the posters including yourself are anti-religious , that is their problem not mine , all the links i am posting are on topic , why won't you keep the discussion on topic ?

Listen if some of the posters including yourself are anti-religious , that is their problem not mine , all the links i am posting are on topic , why won't you keep the discussion on topic ?

Simple, some people are claiming psychiatrists shouldn't be trusted because they profit from the practice.

Scientology stands to profit from their practice (with a lot less oversight than real doctors have.). Their practice stands to gain from spreading misinformation about psychiatry. But for some reason you see no problem with trusting them.

You really should do some research into Scientology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Because we shouldn't trust a word from a site affiliated with Scientology, thats the why. Its all fiction. Its nothing got to do with religion, it has to do with common sense.

You really should do some research into Scientology.

I have , i think it is the best thing there has ever been , i just really love Scientology . ;)

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I have , i think it is the best thing there has ever been , i just really love Scienctology . ;)

I

You mean you love science-fiction based religious cults (and bad sci-fi at that). ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Because we shouldn't trust a word from a site affiliated with Scientology, thats the why. Its all fiction. Its nothing got to do with religion, it has to do with common sense.
    :D:D:D

anyway what was the Topic we were discussing??

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You mean you love science-fiction based religious cults (and bad sci-fi at that). ;)

Its not fictional , it is a true religion , and the joke is on anyone who thinks it is science fiction , it is very simple , people are immortal , they never die and well have any of yis tried it , you know have you ever really tried to remember say a million years ago , seriously if you havent really tried to find out if it is true or not , well then who do you think you are going around saying Scientology is science-fiction !

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

siamese_twins_600.jpg

• Advertisement

Prominent psychiatrist admits psychiatric diagnoses are not based on science

"Columbia University psychiatrist Robert Spitzer, who oversaw two out of five revisions of the DSM and defined more than a hundred mental disorders, stated in a new BBC2 documentary: "What happened is that we made estimates of the prevalence of mental disorders totally descriptively, without considering that many of these conditions might be normal reactions which are not really disorders. That's the problem, because we were not looking at the context in which those conditions developed."

Psychiatric labels, such as "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder" and "Oppositional Defiant Disorder," have resulted in millions needlessly subjected to dangerous and life-threatening psychiatric drugs".

http://www.naturalnews.com/021728.html

Try putting scientology aside for one minute and just look at this objectively :rolleyes:

Here are quotes from a book by Peter R Breggin MD , who is a psychiatrist .
    "Going to a psychiatrist has become one of the most dangerous things a person can do."--Peter Breggin, M.D.

TOXIC PSYCHIATRY quotes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Its not fictional , it is a true religion , and the joke is on anyone who thinks it is science fiction , it is very simple , people are immortal , they never die and well have any of yis tried it , you know have you ever really tried to remember say a million years ago , seriously if you havent really tried to find out if it is true or not , well then who do you think you are going around saying Scientology is science-fiction !

It's about as true as an Intergalactic Dictator called Xenu flying billions of aliens to Earth in DC-10's 75m years ago, putting them into volcanoes and blowing them up with H-bombs........wait a second :p

Anyway enough of the scifi. Psychiatry is, by it's very nature, an extremely subjective discipline and is very much open to abuse because of that.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    :p

Anyway enough of the scifi. .

No excuse me , that people are spiritual beings is not scifi, now there is more evidence that man is a spirtual being than there is he is a brain that lives once and when he dies , he ceases to exist , now that is scifi , like these psychologists and psychiatrists saying that you are a brain and thats all you are , and you are a product of your experience , well that is scifi

People are spiritual or creative beings but then there are these psychologists and psychiatrists saying people are just a piece of meat , a brain , therefore all suffering is imaginary , therefore its ok to drug people with toxic drugs , electrocute them , practice ethnic cleansing , you see all these sick practices are ok , because pschologists are saying the spirit does'nt exist , therefore suffering does'nt exist , don't you see , murder , rape , torture that is all ok because the spirit does'nt exist , don't you understand , see you don't exist to these people , therefore they don't feel remorse when they do evil things to people .

No excuse me , that people are spiritual beings is not scifi, now there is more evidence that man is a spirtual being than there is he is a brain that lives once and when he dies , he ceases to exist , now that is scifi , like these psychologists and psychiatrists saying that you are a brain and thats all you are , and you are a product of your experience , well that is scifi

People are spiritual or creative beings but then there are these psychologists and psychiatrists saying people are just a piece of meat , a brain , therefore all suffering is imaginary , therefore its ok to drug people with toxic drugs , electrocute them , practice ethnic cleansing , you see all these sick practices are ok , because pschologists are saying the spirit does'nt exist , therefore suffering does'nt exist , don't you see , murder , rape , torture that is all ok because the spirit does'nt exist , don't you understand , see you don't exist to these people , therefore they don't feel remorse when they do evil things to people .

What are you on about?
    None of that has anything to do with psychiatry or psychology.
    That's not what they do or believe.

Maybe you should actually learn about what you are decrying before you declare it evil.

I don't believe that people are a spiritual creature or have a spiritual component and are "just meat".
    But I don't think suffering doesn't exist or that murder, rape and torture are ok.

That kinda blows your theory out of the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

people who believe a man called jesus who was sent by a god in the sky or heaven, who turned water into wine and ..eh, used 5 fish to feed thousands?

would King Mob consider this the story of a person suffering a mental disorder or living in the real world?

i mean, can you say that someone who believes in god is suffering a mental disorder?

where is all the scientific evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Eh, could one of our esteemed Moderators please slice up this thread into the relevant bit that some of us wish to keep discussing and the ramblin bits about religion that can be shoved off into some other forum (Recycle Bin seems like a good place ;)).

there was an interesting discussion here about Psychology and Pharmacy conspiring to foist new dieseases and new 'wonderdrugs' specifically designed for these diseases.

just to remind the newcomers to the thread

the theory is

Pharmacists invent a drug
    Psychologists invent a disease that fits the drug

General public gets ripped off on an industrial scale

but hey they dont care cost they're off their tits on happypills

Here are quotes from a book by Peter R Breggin MD , who is a psychiatrist .

TOXIC PSYCHIATRY quotes

I like this one :)

"Mankind has so far survived all major catastrophes. It will also survive modern medicine." – Gerhard Kocher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

the point i was making MC is that there is not scientific evidence to prove God exists, therefore anyone who truly believes in christianity must be suffering from a mental disorder, no?

that's how i interpret king mobs logic on this issue, don't mean to bring religion into the discussion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

MC, backseat modding is a bannable offense.

Eh, could one of our esteemed Moderators please slice up this thread into the relevant bit that some of us wish to keep discussing and the ramblin bits about religion that can be shoved off into some other forum (Recycle Bin seems like a good place ;)).

It was king mob and humanji who started it and it was yourself , nick oliver , namloc 1980 and King Mob who kept it it going , it was'nt me that started it , but i will finish it .

What i am saying is not rambling , it has everything to do with the reason they drug people , do you ever listen to what psychologists and psychiatrists are saying , they are insinutating the human spirit does'nt exist , do you know what the human spirit is , it is awareness , if you are conscious and aware of being aware , well then you are a spirit .

Does anyone here understand what i am getting at ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

My point is that since scientology is against psychology then trusting one of their sites as gospel is like trusting Hitler to give an unbiased account of the history of the Jewish people. It's just not going to happen.

And being a psychiatrist and being spiritual are not mutual exclusive. In fact they've very little to do with each other. Psychiatrists don't insinuate the human spirit doesn't exist because what they cover has nothing to do with spirituality.

humanji wrote: »
    Psychiatrists don't insinuate the human spirit doesn't exist because what they cover has nothing to do with spirituality.

Exactly the spirit , mind , soul , feelings . will , intention , hopes and ideals these don't exist to Psychiatry , it believes man is a soulless animal .
    It is a cult started in 1879 in leipzig germany by Wilhelm Wundt .

quote from here:http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=4&ved=0CBMQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sntp.net%2Feducation%2Fleipzig_connection.htm&rct=j&q=origins+of+psychology+wundt+soul+spirit&ei=W5rXSq-_CZDbjQeX3pzeCA&usg=AFQjCNFcZgqn6Agn2OGUnw_SvgnAM4e51g
    The spreading of Wundt's ideas had the effect of minimizing and erasing the notion of man as being or having an inner "personality", soul, or spirit. You are not viewed as a person with thoughts, feelings, ideas, will, hopes, and dreams. You are never appealed to on that level. Your "mind" is ignored. YOU are ignored. Those in control of education, psychology, and psychiatry largely view man as an animal to be controlled and manipulated. They view YOU as an animal. You are thought of as a piece of meat to be placed in suitable environments and controlled accordingly. This is the "modern", "scientific" approach

Exactly the spirit , mind , soul , feelings . will , intention , hopes and ideals these don't exist to Psychiatrists , they believe man is a soulless animal .
    It is a cult started in 1879 in leipzig germany by Wilhelm Wundt .

quote from here:http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=4&ved=0CBMQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sntp.net%2Feducation%2Fleipzig_connection.htm&rct=j&q=origins+of+psychology+wundt+soul+spirit&ei=W5rXSq-_CZDbjQeX3pzeCA&usg=AFQjCNFcZgqn6Agn2OGUnw_SvgnAM4e51g

What the hell are you talking about?
    Mind, feelings, will, intention, hopes and ideals exist to psychiatrists.
    Many of them probably believe in a soul or spirit.

That quote you gave is someone uneducated opinion, it has no bearing on what psychiatrists believe or do.

It's becoming clear however you have no knowledge of psychiatry or psychology beyond what incredibly biased and ill informed website tell you.

Seriously do some real research before you proclaim something to be evil.

What the hell are you talking about?

I am talking about how psychiatry is a religion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

explain how psychiatry fits the definition of a religion

Really? How exactly is psychiatry a religion?

Somehow I doubt your using the proper definition of "religion".

What exactly are you biasing this claim on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I sense the faith card is about to be played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

any further off topic posting will result in an immediate ban.

That says he's a medical doctor not a psychiatrist.
    And wikipedia has him a surgeon as well.

Al Zawahiri is a psychiatrist , pharmacologist and is also trained in medicine .

Oh wikipedia right , wikipedia is for the sheeple .

Al Zawahiri is a psychiatrist , pharmacologist and is also trained in medicine .
    Ok, how do you know he is a psychiatrist?
    Can you please show your source.
    Oh wikipedia right , wikipedia is for the sheeple .
    And you see wikipieda has references which you can check.

But you're right we a well referenced and backed up article is for sheeple.
    We should trust the unsupported nonsense from scientology front group without question.

And the link you provided which you claimed said he was psychiatrist in fact said no such thing.

All the information shows nothing to indicate this guy is a psychiatrist.

• Advertisement

Ok, how do you know he is a psychiatrist?
    Can you please show your source.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insteadof.com%2FTerrorAttack%2Fp5.htm&rct=j&q=al+zawahiri+a+psychiatrist&ei=9pTbSq-FHuLKjAeeveHZCA&usg=AFQjCNGrISZSh5oqkmUjlgC7Qf2l_ciCig

There is my source from the nineties , now why would they be censoring the fact he is a psychiatrist today ,:rolleyes:
    The nuts claim the Holocaust and 9/11 were caused by psychiatrists.

Al zawahiri is a psychiatrist , oh but do you think 9/11 was an inside job ?

Yea that looks credible alright.

How are you not getting the CCHR aren't trustworthy thing?

Why should we trust this guy?
    Al zawahiri is a psychiatrist , oh but do you think 9/11 was an inside job ?
    No he isn't.
    And no it wasn't.

And Scientology is claiming that all of psychiatry was in on the plan, and that the plan further psychiatry's evil plan.

How are you not getting the CCHR aren't trustworthy thing?

And why are you saying the CCHR aren't trustworthy ? :confused:

And why are you saying the CCHR aren't trustworthy ? :confused:
    Because they are a front group for a shady cult?

Why do you think they are more trustworthy?

Why do you think they are more trustworthy?

Because it is the Citizens Commission on Human Rights , what do you not understand that.

Because it is the Citizens Commission on Human Rights , what do you not understand that.

And the Citizens Commission on Human Rights is headed, run and finaced by the Church of Scientology.
    An organisation that ironically enough has no regard for human rights or free enquiry.
    And also believe that all your emotional problems are caused by brainwashed alien souls.

The CCHR spreads misinformation and confusion for the benefit of Scientology.
    They supply no evidence for any of there claims and show startling ignorance of science and history.

Why do you trust these guys?

There are psychiatrists in this video saying that their profession is devoid of science !

Part 1 of 10 Psychiatry - Making a Killing with Dr. Rima Laibow & ...
    Not exactly addressing any of my points.
    And again CCHR is headed by people who believe all illness is caused by brain washed alien souls.

CCHR on Psychiatry: No Science, No Cures

Psychiatrists are openly admitting at the 2006 APA convention that they had no scientific tests to prove mental disorders are illness or disease !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

CCHR on Psychiatry: No Science, No Cures

Psychiatrists are openly admitting at the 2006 APA convention that they had no scientific tests to prove mental disorders are illness or disease !

Did you not notice how not a single one of the "psychiatrists" at the APA conference has a name tag. Nor do we hear what "mental disorder" the interviewer is referring.

It's a reprehensible piece of propaganda.

Two simple questions Espinolman

A) Do you believe Scientologists have massive opposition to legitimate psychiatric practices, and offer highly expensive alternative treatments of a dubious quality. Yes or No?

B) Do you accept that the CCHR is recognised as a Scientologist front? Yes or No?

Diogenes wrote: »
    Did you not notice how not a single one of the "psychiatrists" at the APA conference has a name tag. Nor do we hear what "mental disorder" the interviewer is referring.

Dr Thomas Szasz says in this video that " No behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease . That's not what diseases are . "

Dr Thomas Szasz on Psychiatry

Dr Thomas Szasz says in this video that " No behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease . That's not what diseases are . "

Thomas Szasz: co founder of the CCHR.

Are you going to actually answer Diogenes questions?

I guess you missed the memo that Szasz isn't a regular practising psychiatrist. And is in fact a founder of the CCHR, sits on it's board and has been a keynote speaker for the CCHR;
    "We should honor CCHR because it is really the organization that for the first time in human history has organized a politically, socially, internationally significant voice to combat psychiatry. This has never happened in human history before."

Prof. Thomas Szasz, Co-founder, CCHR

CCHR website

if you are citing Szasz as a practising, mainstream, modern psychiatrist, you are clearly ignorant of the man's background.

The list of organisations that disagree with Szasz and claim mental illness are now regularly "approached, measured, or tested in scientific fashion, include the American Medical Association.

Now Esponolman, I asked you two simple questions.
    Me wrote:
    A) Do you believe Scientologists have massive opposition to legitimate psychiatric practices, and offer highly expensive alternative treatments of a dubious quality. Yes or No?

B) Do you accept that the CCHR is recognised as a Scientologist front? Yes or No?

Would you please do me the honour of answering these two questions?

Are you going to actually answer Diogenes questions?

I am not discussing anything off topic .

No , those questions are off topic of what is being discussed in this thread

• Advertisement

Seeing as how all your points are from the CCHR, I think finding out how trustworthy the CCHR are would be very on topic.

Besides they are only yes or no answers, they won't exactly derail the thread even if they were off topic.

I think the only reason you are not answering the questions is because the honest answers (they're both yes btw.) would effectivly show that any argument you have against psychiatry can be equally (if not not more so) used against the CCHR.
    And the thing is psychiatry has actual science on it's side, the CCHR have the raving of a mad cult leader.

You are constantly citing the CCHR, an organisation that has extensive ties to Scientology.

Scientology who have voiced vicious accusations against psychiatrist. An Organisation that offers it's own dubious alternative treatment to psychiatry, costings tens if not hundreds of thousands pounds, and engaging in cult like behaviour.

And you think the CCHR's background, and it's ties to Scientology aren't relevant? I think they are completely relevant and will be raising this ties, and their links as long as you continue giving weight to their opinions.
    This spring in Florida, where the Clearwater area is a Church of Scientology stronghold, CCHR mounted an aggressive political campaign to keep kids from getting psychiatric care. In the state Legislature, two CCHR-sponsored bills were backed by two Republicans, Rep. Gustavo Barreiro, of Miami Beach, and Sen. Victor Crist, of Tampa. Indeed, as Barreiro told the St. Petersburg Times, Scientologists had even written parts of the legislation. Both Barriero and Crist had been friendly with the church: They were guest speakers at a Scientology celebration where Crist touted the legislation and Barriero gave the church an award for volunteer work following the 2004 hurricanes.

The legislation spurred heated battles in the Florida statehouse and put Scientologists and CCHR up against a host of medical and psychological organizations, including the Florida Medical Association, the Florida School Boards Association, the Florida Psychological Association, the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, the Florida Department of Health, the Florida Department of Children and Families, and the Florida School Psychologists Association. Scientologists Kelly Preston and Kirstie "Fat Actress" Alley testified in Tallahassee on behalf of their church. At one point, Alley wept so hard -- "This isn't an issue about psychiatrist vs. non, but about the children" -- that she could barely get the words out. "It's tough lobbying against movie stars," says Daughton of the Florida Psychiatric Society. "Some of it was just surreal."

On the serious side, the legislation places Scientologists in conflict with the U.S. Surgeon General, whose office released a report in 2001 stating that one in 10 children and adolescents in the United States suffers from mental illness, but fewer than one in five of these children gets treatment in any given year. Where the CCHR sees an epidemic of drugging kids that don't have real problems, the Surgeon General sees millions of kids whose real problems are going undiagnosed and untreated.

The other bill, House Bill 909, dealt with how the foster care and juvenile justice systems handle kids' mental health issues -- a big topic since child psychiatrists maintain that many kids end up in the justice system because of undiagnosed mental illnesses. "Essentially, we're locking up kids that have mental disorders," says Gruttadaro of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. But this bill explicitly limited any treatment of such disorders by requiring a "non-psychiatric medical specialist" to evaluate children for "nutritional deficiencies, heavy-metal toxicity and hypoglycemia," among other possible causes of problems, before psychotropic medication could be prescribed.

"That's sort of like saying if you saw someone who appeared to be dying of a heart attack, you had to rule out everything else before you treated for a heart attack," says McDonough, who argued against the legislation. That bill also smeared psychiatrists by implying they're not medical doctors. "That bill makes a false division among medical practitioners," says Dr. Stephen Kent, a sociologist at the University of Alberta who has studied Scientology. "Psychiatrists are trained doctors. The bill implies that psychiatrists as medical practitioners can't be trusted." Although that's no surprise to Kent. "Believing that psychiatrists are cosmic devils is a part of the Scientologist doctrine," he says. The bill died in committee.

For his part, McDonough from the Florida Office of Drug Control was surprised by the Scientologists' political zeal. "In the beginning, I didn't realize that this was a concerted effort to actually get through an ideological leaning that had to do with church dogma, in this case, the Church of Scientology, which denies that mental illness exists as a problem, that it can be diagnosed and treated -- when medical science is very clear and very well established on the subject: It does exist, and it can be diagnosed, and it can be treated."

Salon

So there you have it, CCHR and Scientology working together to prevent children from getting access to mental health care.

So again I ask Espinolman;

So again I ask Espinolman;

I am not answering your trick questions .

The Corrupt Alliance of the Psychiatric-Pharmaceutical Industry ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭tim0ney

SLUSK wrote: »
    The antidepressants are to my understanding legal narcotics.

narcotic n. An addictive drug, such as opium, that reduces pain, alters mood and behavior, and usually induces sleep or stupor.

Antidepressants [in these times mainly SSRI's] are
    a) non-addictive
    b) non-sedative

Psychiatry and psychiatric medicines are not interchangeable - medicines are used to complement a holistic therapy for individuals with different disorders. There are also other strategies like Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy that have been shown to be extremely helpful for some psychiatric illnesses, with or without the use of medication.

Illnesses have different strict diagnostic criteria. In the US and europe, DSM is the handbook for health professionals:
    http://psyweb.com/Mdisord/DSM_IV/jsp/dsm_iv.jsp

An important point to be considered here is that if a patient has gone to the doctor, gotten a referral to a psychiatrist, and filled a prescription for medicines, they must be feeling like there is something amiss with themselves mentally.

As King Mob has pointed out, psychiatry has science on it's side. This is the first article I saw from thousands that I could have used to prove this point
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/11/061106164718.htm

Espinolman, perhaps is this as an example of something that is off-topic???
    So you obviously believe in the existence of a 'spirit'. I personally don't, but would still feel remorse if I had done something bad or wrong. Not bad for just a piece of meat, eh? To be honest I'm actually struggling to get to grips with this argument purely because of how little sense it makes.

- Show me the pain receptors in the 'spirit'
    - Show me the Serotonin in the 'spirit'
    - Show me even the tiniest, microscopic, little piece of spirit...

Actually show me anything... a thetan, even?

You would be much better off keeping the basis of your arguments away from pseudo-science.

I am not answering your trick questions .

They're not trick questions, they're two simple yes or no questions. Again.

Do you accept that the organisation you constantly link to, has massive ties to the Scientologists.

Ah another CCHR article. This time claiming all psychiatrists are frauds on the take. Okay.....

In 1993 the Church of Scientology (notice the Church part) the US Internal Revenue Service granted CCHR tax exemption as part of an agreement with the Church of Scientology International. Would you care to hear about Operation Snow White, and some of the Other Tax related scandals the CCHR and Scientology have found themselves mired in. I assure you they make some pharmacy junkets pale into significance.

It's not like those three psychiatrists had covert operatives infiltrate government offices, like the Scientologists did.

Glass houses Espinolman.

Here's the decades long Timeline of the Massive Fraud Scientology and the CCHR engaged in

While we're off topic I'll bring us back on.

You say

The New England Journal of Medicine which isn't a crackpot website, but one of the world's finest medical journals cited a report. Giving a 60-40 success rate for people on actual psychiatric drugs for their problems over those on placebos.

or as one contributory stated
    The concept of disease in medicine really means a cluster of symptoms that people can agree about, and in the case of depression we agree 80% of the time. It is a cluster of symptoms that predicts something.”

• Advertisement
Advertisement