Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Jet Hard reset needed

Options
  • 06-10-2009 3:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi Guys,I have really screwed up my s8000.I resized some old wallpapers off my old d600 and put them on my new jet and set one as my wallpaper/screensaver"GIF",then my phone switched off and then back on.all i get to now is "welcome to 3g"and then it swiches off again?.Been told i need to do a hard reset to get it running again,but i don't know the first thing about this.domething about a soft reset hole beside the power button,but i dont know where or what this is?.Any help"or even pictures":Dof this button greatly received.Thanks for any help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Never heard of such a button.

The hard reset I am aware of involves keying in a code on the keypad. I had a problem where mine kept booting up, shutting down and then re-booting in an endless loop.

There was a brief window of opportunity once the idle screen was displayed to hit the Keypad button and very quickly key in this code:

*2767*3855#

As soon as the hash symbol is entered the phone should reset. It can take some time so whatever you do leave it alone for however long it takes to do it's thing. Don't turn it off or take the battery out thinking it is stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 breeg

Thanks for the reply but thats no good,i cannot get passed the startup.All it does is restart then it shows me the welcome message and then it restarts itself?.So i can't get into the menu functions.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Try connecting the USB cable to a computer as it starts up.

I was able to stop the cycle by connecting mine to my laptop. I then deleted some files as I think the whole problemstarted when I put some files on.

After I disconnected the phone it was stable for a while, which would give time to execute the hard reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 breeg

Nope no luck,left it plugged in for half an hour and watched it but nothing happened.Looks like i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and send it away:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheBlaker

cnocbui wrote: »
    Try connecting the USB cable to a computer as it starts up.

I was able to stop the cycle by connecting mine to my laptop. I then deleted some files as I think the whole problemstarted when I put some files on.

After I disconnected the phone it was stable for a while, which would give time to execute the hard reset.

Hey, at what point did you connect the cable as I have the same issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Where did you guys get your Jet? Coz we got a thread here over in the 'talk to vodafone' business forum. You may have noticed that VODAFONE NO LONGER ADVERTISE the Jet on their website...curious isn't it? Considering how well it sold and the Ultra is still on sale ;);)
    Needless to say mine is a serious screw-up. And LOL: check their reply e.g. re the dodgy google maps app!!! Trying to install a newer version 'can damage the firmware which then needs to be reflashed'!!! Etc etc...

I take mine out now and again for pictures. Otherwise it's a dud! More probs then any phone/thing I ever owned...random shutdowns. Google maps often locates me in timbuktu and dusseldorf, or loads an all black screen and any button you press takes you back to the main menu... Also, no matter how often you set memory card as default for pics, it saves images in phone's memory.

Last samsung/voda cooperation I bought!

Vodafone have been utterly useless, of course. According to them the phone's just fine... Bollox to random errors you can't reproduce instore, eh :x

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheBlaker

I got mine on Meteor and I would rather sort it myself, but if i have to bite the bullet and send it back so be it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

TheBlaker wrote: »
    I got mine on Meteor and I would rather sort it myself, but if i have to bite the bullet and send it back so be it :(

I forgot how many sites I visited, googling my 'issues'... It seems all dodgy handsets are those branded by networks. Generic firmware seems to be okay from what I gather. Loads of crashes after installing or trying to install unsuitable apps... Wtf? Everytime I install a java app that doesn't work, all other java apps stop working as well and I have to hard reset!!!

Best bit for me: if you go to google's download page for google maps with the jet's browser it says googlemaps is not compatible with the Jet ;) wtf?!

It's on the phone!!! And works idiotically. Thx vf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

I have a jet, bought it on vodafone but i have since switched back to meteor with it...i have no problems with the handset persay, but as of today i cant get great coverage on it, so i thought maybe it was where i was so I turned on an old meteor phone...and full coverage!!! it has only happened since this morning tho...anyone have any light to shed on this, what i can do maybe???

thanks!!! :D

Advertisement