Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genuine Office/Windows

• 06-10-2009 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi. I use Windows Vista.
    Recently, when I open Word, I get a message saying Office is not genuine and that it will be marked as non-genuine in x days. Windows is genuine it says, Office not.
    Why might this be?
    What will happen when it is marked as not genuine ?
    I bought my pc through a regular retailer with office and windows already installed (though did recently download office.org).
    Many thanks,
    Garrett Higgins

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WebbDeltaOne

Hi Garrett,

If you bought the pc with office installed from a retailer, you can contact Microsoft & inform them of this and they will give you a genuine key for your office install.

If, however your copy of office was DL'd from a source such as a torrent site or obtained in any other way, you probably have a blacklisted key.

There are many steps to removing OGAA.

If you have no luck with Microsoft let us know & I will advise how to remove the annoying popup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 garrett5

thanks a lot.
    how do i contact microsoft? there does not seem to be any easy way via email.
    i bought my pc at pc world (swords, dublin) with office already installed. windows passes the validation test; office does not.
    why?
    this is the message:
    Below is a list of the products that did not pass validation and instructions for addressing each product. Recommended approach:
    • If a single product did not pass validation, take actions outlined below to get genuine Office
    • If multiple products did not pass validation, identify your most needed Office product or suite and take actions outlined below to get genuine Office. Uninstall other, non-genuine Office products that are preventing you from passing validation.
    [0x80180114]
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage

Problem: The product key used to install Office has been identified by Microsoft as a key that was issued to a large, corporate customer. This key is reserved for the exclusive use of this customer, and cannot be used to install other copies of Microsoft Office.
    Solution: If your computer belongs to a large organization and you believe you are receiving this message in error, talk to your system administrator.
    If your computer does not belong to a large organization, you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. In that case, your best options to acquire genuine Microsoft Office are outlined on this Office Genuine Advantage web page. You can also contact the business where you purchased Office, purchased your computer with Office pre-installed, or had your computer serviced. Ask for their help to ensure that the copy of Office you purchased or received with the purchase of a new computer is genuine.

To uninstall Office products:
    1. Quit all Office programs.
    2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs. (For Windows Vista, under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.)
    4. In the Currently installed programs list, locate and select products that did not pass validation
    5. Click Remove to remove the product(s) that you want to uninstall from the computer. (For Windows Vista, right-click product(s) and choose Uninstall.)
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Hi Garrett,

Most new computers come with a trial version of Microsoft Office 2007, its either 60 or 90 days I cant remember.

Basically what yo uare being told is that your trial will run out in X days. After this point you can buy a full Microsoft Office license from the Microsoft website.

or

Uninstall Microsoft Office and continue to use Open Office for free :)

thanks.
    i don't think it's a trial version.
    how can i check my license detials on my pc?
    i have had the pc for two years.
    what will happen when the x ticks down to 0 zero days?
    will office be deactivated?
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Well if you had it for 2 years without problems its probably not a trial version alright :)

Can you remember if you purchased Microsoft Office when you purchased the pc?. Its strange that it would come preinstalled without purchasing it. When its marked as non-genuine it will usually stop working alright.

If you are only using office for a bit of typing and no hard core Excel spreadsheets I would recommend sticking with Open Office, its completely fine
    and does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WebbDeltaOne

• If a single product did not pass validation, take actions outlined below to get genuine Office
    • If multiple products did not pass validation, identify your most needed Office product or suite and take actions outlined below to get genuine Office. Uninstall other, non-genuine Office products that are preventing you from passing validation.
    [0x80180114]
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage

Problem: The product key used to install Office has been identified by Microsoft as a key that was issued to a large, corporate customer. This key is reserved for the exclusive use of this customer, and cannot be used to install other copies of Microsoft Office.
    Solution: If your computer belongs to a large organization and you believe you are receiving this message in error, talk to your system administrator.
    If your computer does not belong to a large organization, you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. In that case, your best options to acquire genuine Microsoft Office are outlined on this Office Genuine Advantage web page. You can also contact the business where you purchased Office, purchased your computer with Office pre-installed, or had your computer serviced. Ask for their help to ensure that the copy of Office you purchased or received with the purchase of a new computer is genuine.
    It seems like PC World had a corporate License key which they ghosted onto a number of pcs & has now expired.

You could A) go back to pc world & demand a proper key (which would likely be fruitless :mad:)
    B) Tell me if you are confident enough to go through a possible solution I could provide to You!!:D

PM me & I will put together a guide how to stop the pop-up

J

help!
    thanks

Advertisement