Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In defence of Cudicinni

Options
  • 06-10-2009 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Not a big fan of Cudicinni or Gomes for that matter but are we being unfair in judging him when he's playing behind a very shaky and everchanging back four?

I mean Pat Jennings would struggle palying behind such a raggle taggle defence!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Disagree. He's not good enough, simple as. He looks dodgy every time he comes out to catch a ball. We/I gave out last season when Gomes came flying out for balls, but surely Bolton away would have been perfect for that style of goalkeeping, someone who will come and punch or catch all them long balls that Bolton play.

Its a problematic position. Id be giving Gomes his chance now. He was excellent for the last 10/12 games of last season, so surely he is entitled to his chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Have to say agree with Hatch. A keeper should command the box and esp the area around the six yard box completely. I dont feel he does this. He has no presence in there.
    I wasnt a huge fan of Gomez at first but in fairness to him he worked hard to improve and did so dramatically with Parkes help. I feel he could be a good keeper and was unfortunate to get injured when he did. Put him back in and give him another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Again, I agree that Cudicin is just not good enough!!!! i remember when he was at chelsea, showing the difference between him and cech. Cudicini would be movin in and out, neither goin nor stayin for high balls, flapping at stuff! from BAE reaction to davies goal, i'd say cudicini called for it!
    Then you have a great keeper, who doesnt move from the line, but if he does he comes all the way and doesnt stop or hesitate or decide to run back to his line! Wouldnt say Gomes is great, but if he tries for the ball he goes all the way, no matter what! Sure didnt he KO Corluka last season against stoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

gomes is a top keeper. we all know the problems he had last season but he turned it around and is now a fans favourite. i feel a lot safer with gomes in goal. he would have saved 2 of uniteds goals and 2 of chelseas, would we have lost those matches then?

cudicini looked good with chelsea as he had john terry and carvalho in front of him, he had nothing to do

he it just too small to be a keeper in the premiership, end of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

look to be honest we're gonna have to replace but gomes and cudicini very soon..gomes is a good shot stopper but the way premiership games are played you have to come and be commanding on crosses which he fails big time on...who's out there at the moment..who would you like to see 'arry buy for between the sticks in january

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i was with you last season hatch jumpin on the gomes is a clown wagon.

he turned it around ill give him that(that save v chelsea when malouda was ready to tap into an empty net was class!)

as for cudicini he seems a shadow of the keeper he ws before cech arrived at the bridge i suppose thts what reserve footbll does for u

Advertisement