Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwifery in the UK !! HELP !!!

• 06-10-2009 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I am currently applying to do Midwifery in the UK, Im not fussy where ....:)
    Also i am a mature student so not sure how this will affect me.

Can anybody distinguish between the good and the bad universities ?
    I want to apply to maybe a couple of good colleges and a couple of maybe easier ones to get into. Just to keep my options open.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    I am soooo confused and i have to get my UCAS applications in this month. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Maybe read something like the Sunday Times University Guide? It's by no means un-biased but should give you a good feel for the universities and what they're good and bad points are in terms of things like ratio of lecturers to students, drop out rate etc.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/education/sunday_times_university_guide/

My unqualified advice ;) is that you should apply for places/courses you can see yourself doing for the next few years, not just because it sounds easy or good. www.thestudentroom.co.uk is a forum with a lot of guidance for UCAS applications, they probably have a section on midwifey, and if not, maybe start a topic and someone should be able to guide you a little bit more along the way.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Try posting this in the NI and GB colleges forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

Hi, Try to go to www.studentmidwife.net forum, there is loads of info which uni is good and which is not.

Good luck

Advertisement