Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crimespotting: the new way to make money on the Internet

• 06-10-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

A new world wide "game" is to be launched on the internet in the coming months where thousands of normally unmanned CCTV networks are hooked up on line and are available to members of the public snoop out criminals.

Retail outlets and eventually it is hoped town councils and police will pay a £20 a week fee per CCTV which in turn is paid out in spot prises of up to £1000 every time an arrest is made. False or nuisance cases will deduct points from your account.

The first 10,000 people to sign up will receive a point towards the league tables.

Not a very good idea, apart from civil liberties groupes up in arms it also gives potential criminals an opportunity to view the "blind spots" of a CCTV system if they intended committing a crime once they find out the location..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6862398.ece

Actual brochure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sweet!

I better get a GBH in my first hour playing it or I'm giving up and going back to GTA IV though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Brilliant...can we sell the DVD's on the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I can see this being popular amongst players of The Sims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

I can see this being popular amongst players of The Sims.

yeah but this wouldn't be as fun as that, cos on the sims one can build a concentration camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Getting paid to play this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭itac

My first thoughts were: bit late for an April Fools, isn't it?
    I'd hate to live anywhere that has a system like that in place, gives far too much scope for nosey family/neighbours/colleagues/randomer-who-met-you-in-a-pub-and-can-now-stalk-you-round-town-online...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you get to use the cameras that either have that voice of god thing or the sound that makes teenagers poo their pants then this could be a real winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

My first thought is that whoever thought this up is a f*&king genius and will soon be a millionaire.

Speaking more seriously, I'm not sure what to make of this at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

BIG BROTHER

Advertisement