Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon HD 5870 PCI-Express Scaling

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_5870_PCI-Express_Scaling/26.html

Interesting results! It turns out that running a 5870 on PCI-Express 2.0 x 8 (or PCI-Express 1.0 x 16) will mean only a two percent drop in performance! Very useful if you want to crossfire them on a midrange motherboard.

@Mods: This should possibly be in the graphics section but I thought it would be more useful to those who are upgrading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

that's pretty interesting and weird at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Yeah I was very happy to hear it the only problem now is that it won't fit my case (without getting out the dremmel).

The 5870 is 10.75" long (roughly 27.3cm ). An 8800GTX (10.5" long) will just barely fit with approx 5mm space left which adds up to 27.2cm. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I think it was sol who posted that chart a few weeks back, I'm well chuffed at seeing it.
    Now I can crossfire them in 2 x8 lanes :p

Advertisement