Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 4 player of the week thread

• 06-10-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Ok so I will start

Offense: Willie Colon :- Unbelieveably good performance punching big holes for Mendenhall to use. Best offensive lIneman performance so far this season

Special Mention : Brett Farve

Defence : Darren Sharper. He was all over the place his coverage was superb, hes been great all season but really stepped it up against the Jets

Special Mention : Jared Allen

Rookie of the week : Jonny Knox. Big kick return TD, some nice catches and would have been an ever better stat line had he not got injured im sure.

Special Mention : Matt Stafford. Looked really poised, pretty impressive performance in defeat.

Chump of the week : Jamarcus Russell wins again. The guy is on for a clean sweep this season !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Offense: Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Did I say Brett Favre?

I cant look past his performance on to anyone else. In the words of Robin Holly Molely Batman dude like the Favre of young.

Special Mention: Mendehall great blocking for him but kid has talent.

Defense: Jared Allen or Robert Mathis. Mathis like Allen had a very productive week. 3 sacks, put wallace on the ground 4 other times, 4 tackle 2 assits and 2 forced fumbles. Very hard to look past him this week so Allen and Mathis can share it.

Rookie: Mohamed Massaquoi out of Georgia had 10 catches for 179 yards and helped the Browns significantly with important catches to claw their way back into the game against Cinci.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Offense: Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Did I say Brett Favre?

No love for Colon ? I thought you were a fully paid-up member of the linemen appreciation club :cool::cool:

D3PO wrote: »
    No love for Colon ? I thought you were a fully paid-up member of the linemen appreciation club :cool::cool:

I am but he did nothing out of the ordinary that he shouldnt have already being doing. :D

I am but he did nothing out of the ordinary that he shouldnt have already being doing. :D

The same way a qb should complete every throw and a reciever should make every catch ;)

D3PO wrote: »
    The same way a qb should complete every throw and a reciever should make every catch ;)

Im too lazy too explain what i mean but I know you get what im talking about so zip it :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Im too lazy too explain what i mean but I know you get what im talking about so zip it :D:D:D

im bored in work i need to stir things up a bit :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I gotta go with Brett Favre also but only just over three others. Peyton Manning was outstanding again this week, Rashard Mendenhall also had a huge game and Ronnie Brown pretty much destroyed the Bills on his own.

On defence I'm going with Leigh Bodden who had a crucial interception for the Patriots against the Ravens but also he recovered a fumble by Kevin Faulk on a kick return. Those two plays were crucial to us winning the game, if he didn't get both of those we lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

As much as I hate to say it has to be favre. He was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

I prefer to watch good offense, but dammmmnnnn Jared Allen was good last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Offense - Haven't seen much highlights this week but I gotta give it to Peyton Manning again. He is on fire the past several games. 9 TD's, 3 INTs and over 330 yards a game. Utterly impressive.

Defense - The man is an utter beast. 4.5 sacks, forced fumble and a safety iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jared Allen had a great night but Aaron Rodgers has to take the blame for some of them sacks. He holds onto the ball for far too long, he could have thrown it away at least twice before he was sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Man_bear_pig

cooker3 wrote: »
    As much as I hate to say it has to be favre. He was incredible.

yeah but he's a d*ckhead so doesn't count

yeah but he's a d*ckhead so doesn't count

Dude be constructive or dont post at all. 7 posts in total you have and you post this. If I was a mod I would have warned you. Im sure one of them will.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Man_bear_pig

Dude be constructive or dont post at all. 7 posts in total you have and you post this. If I was a mod I would have warned you. Im sure one of them will.

just trying to get my post count up!!

don't know why everyone's giving the award to favre tho. i think it's a bit over exaggerated. if he had done this for the packers 2 years ago or for the jets last year they wouldn't be making such a big deal over it. I don't know people still support him after all his retiring and unretiring and eventually going to the one team he has hated all his career.

Personally i think the award should go to peyton or mendenhall. peyton because of how near perfect he was on some of his drives (4 touchdowns in their first 5 drives i think). and mendenhall because rushing for 165yds and 2tds as a rookie when you thought you were gonna lose your job for a few weeks for not knowing the playbook is pretty impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Don't do it like that.
    don't know why everyone's giving the award to favre tho. i think it's a bit over exaggerated.

I think he does deserve a mention at least (I voted for Peyton Manning btw)

-He was near perfect, misfiring on just six passes whilst completing 24.
    -He had the Packers defense as nfl.com calls it: 'disorientated', this bear in mind is coming from a defense that was regarded to be one of the best in preseason. They're 15th in the league now.
    -3 touchdowns, no interceptions.
    -Puts the Vikings at 4-0 atop that competitve NFC North.
    -Oh, he's 40 sometime this week too. :)

if he had done this for the packers 2 years ago or for the jets last year they wouldn't be making such a big deal over it.

Two years ago I think it would be a big deal. Lets say the roles were reversed and he was playing the Vikings. He was coming off an MVP caliber season, he would have to play that very good Vikings D and put up with Adrian Peterson. If he had done it with the Jets, you could probably guarantee that you'd hear about it; it being New York and that Favre is there.
    I don't know people still support him after all his retiring and unretiring and eventually going to the one team he has hated all his career.

Personally, I'll agree with you about the retiring thing, it made me fed up. But he went to a team simply to play football. Maybe the Vikes were the best fit. I don't know, that's a whole other argument.
    mendenhall because rushing for 165yds and 2tds as a rookie when you thought you were gonna lose your job for a few weeks for not knowing the playbook is pretty impressive

This doesn't make sense, Mendenhall is a second year player.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MendRa00.htm

don't know why everyone's giving the award to favre tho. i think it's a bit over exaggerated. if he had done this for the packers 2 years ago or for the jets last year they wouldn't be making such a big deal over it. I don't know people still support him after all his retiring and unretiring and eventually going to the one team he has hated all his career.

He was beaten by the eventual Superbowl Winners 2 years ago and got the Packers to the NFC Championship game. See this is how I know you havent a clue. The Giants Defense were amazing in 2007 and Eli Manning went on fire during the playoffs. Brett Favre is not a magician but at his age to still get the Packers to the NFC Championship game was amazing. And Mangini and the Jets sucked balls all over the place you can hardly blame Favre for them being sh1t.

As for the retiring unretiring thing some each to their own. Peoples personal opinions of someone will change from person to person. Just because you think he is a d1ckhead not everyone does. Personally Im an arrogant pr1ck and if I was Brett Favre I would have done the same thing if I was still that good at his age.

So before you try get people to buy into your constructive post next time stay away from the one line idiocy and actually back up your post with why you think he is a d1ckhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Favre retiring and unretiring multiple times has nowt to do with "player of the week 4".

For me, Manning gets the nod, but only just. (Ahem, that would be Pee Manning :D)

Defense: Allen, nuff said.

Rookie: Clay Matthews (hard call this week)

Advertisement