Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 the Bugs

• 06-10-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of help in resolving a problem.

Running windows7 with a Dual Core 2 and 3gb Ram.
    Installed their Virtual Machine RC and a WinXp Machine, duly mad a change to the bios per recommendation to run it.

Now since this change My graphics are FUBARED lines on the screen akin to old TV reception, so much so that at points the screen is unusable. I have gone and uninstalled most of the new stuff reverted back to the old BIOS settings but cant find where I left that virtual machine to uninstall it, as far as I can make out its burred due to it being a Windows update and not an isolated program.

I would rather not go through a re install so I'm looking for solutions, or how to report this to Msoft.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I was playing with the RC of Virtual XP mode recently - if you install Virtual PC to Program Files\Virtual PC, the XP Mode base hard drive should go there (although I think it lets you choose the location for it), but the actual virtual machine itself will go in Users\username\Virtual Machines.

If you still can't find the files just search for *.vmc and *.vhd, that should find them swiftly enough.

In terms of the problem you're having - what hardware is it happening on? Are you just using Virtual XP mode or did you install an XP virtual machine from scratch? If virtual XP mode, are you using a beta, RC or RTM release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

RTM, and all legit...

As for the uninstal I only have 2 .ISO and nothin about uninstall, I cant find .vhd or .vmc files.

As for hardware, Hp 2230s, DualCore2 P7370 2ghz, 3gb ram, ample free HDD, anything else?

Advertisement