Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to mac: Picture motion browser to iMovie

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I need help!

I have a sony high def HD camcorder. After a while I switched the recording from HD to SD to save space and as I realised, make it easier to edit.

However, then I discovered a problematic bug of iMovie (08 version). That is, it can deal with HD files BUT when you have HD and SD files on a camcorder, it will only see the SD files and thus I have only been able to upload the SD files to my mac.

To try solve this, I installed the packaged sony picture motion browser software to my laptop (which aint powerful enough to do video editing) and imported all the files onto an external hard drive. I converted all the HD files to SD files with the sony software.

However, when I plug the external hardrive into my mac iMovie wont recognise the files. Even though they are MPEG files.

I do note however that sony creates modd for all the clips and assume this is part of the problem.

It seems to be also that sony picture motion browser wont export packaged video files, it can only burn to DVD!

What to do!

BTW I also have adobe premiere pro (the full creative suite actually) on my mac as I got it for graphic design/photo editing.

Has anyone got a solution for me?

Thanks!

Advertisement