Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV/Service providers

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Why is it that when you join a new service, i.e. Sky TV that the offers are more geared to you to join? What about your existing customers? I have Sky+ and looking to get and additional Sky+ point for another room. It will cost €199 for the box and €100 installation fee. Whereas if a new customer joins Sky TV, it will only cost €199 for the 2 points!!! Where's the logic? It will end up costing us nearly €400+ to get the 2 points installed.

When speaking to them, they have major chips on their shoulders. One customer service agent actually hanged up the phone!!!! And they are so rude.

I am not asking for much, just someone to justify the fact of over-charging customers? This seems to be the case with ever service provider. Best offers to new joins and the crap given to the existing customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I understand where you are coming from, but right now your complaint isn't a Consumer Issue - it's probably more suited to Rip Off Ireland.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

New customer, new contract, long term revenue.

Existing customer - well ... 30 day notice to end contract.

It makes business sense, for Sky, UPC, etc to make such offers to attract new customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tomsav

They should offer the same to existing customers but only if they sign up for at least another 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

1 - Ring Sky and cancel your subscription

2 - Ring a while later and sign up with your name As Gaeilge.

3 - Simple. Nice new contract with your €100 saved.

Advice: Sign up for Sky+ HD if you have a LCD TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Danno wrote: »
    1 - Ring Sky and cancel your subscription

2 - Ring a while later and sign up with your name As Gaeilge.

3 - Simple. Nice new contract with your €100 saved.

Advice: Sign up for Sky+ HD if you have a LCD TV.

I'm guessing this works. Know anyone whos done it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Corkfeen wrote: »

I left Sky (old Grundig Sky box) and went back to them a year later as a "new" customer (new Sky + box) by putting an "O" in front of my surname, got the New customer deal of €50 Installation + free Sky + box ...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'd be concerned about how they upped their prices on 1 October due to a VAT change.

Only problem is that this was a UK VAT rate and surely they should be charging the Irish VAT rate as they are well over the VAT Threshold ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I got my wofe to sign up, she just told them she was the new householder, with the same surname.

Advertisement