Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast bars

Options
  • 06-10-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any tried and tested recipes, looking for something handy to bring to work for breakfast time. Ingredients at home include oats, flour, walnuts, raisins, honey, peanut butter.... Just not sure of the method to use!

Any ideas welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hit up the bbc.co.uk/food website - they've loads of recepies there and I'm pretty sure I saw something similar to the ingredients you have - possibly by Anthony Worrell Thompson. You'll definitely find something along the lines of breakfast/muesli bars there!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oat pancakes

Make them thick and you can eat them like scones, or pop in a toaster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I make these Odlums ones all the time but I substitute raisins or sultanas for the apricot:

http://www.odlums.ie/index.php?page=orange-apricot-bars

There are lots of other recipes on the site too, and the important thing when you're making any type of flapjack is to use the bottom of a glass to press the mixture firmly into the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Ended up making a bit of a mixture of a few recipes, melted some peanut butter, honey and light brown sugar in a saucepan, then threw in porridge oats, raisins, walnuts and some 5 seed mix. Lashed in the oven for half an hour. Have to say they were quite tasty :D

Advertisement