Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need to buy a Diesel for no more than €1000

• 06-10-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

is this to good to be true?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/1.9-tdi-/200941195427212/advert?channel=CARS

I would make an offer of €800

I cant drive the Evo as much as I want and HATE driving it around town. Its gonna be a recreational car so I'm buying a CHEAP as chips car for the odd time that I have to drive through Dublin.

FYI I've had the Evo almost 2 years now and have only put 11,500kms on it!!! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Did you see that the Skoda needs a new Engine? It got a new Turbo already, but now the engine is gone.

Depending on what the exact problem is, it might cost you a fair bit to rectify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

grahambo wrote: »
    is this to good to be true?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/1.9-tdi-/200941195427212/advert?channel=CARS

I would make an offer of €800

I cant drive the Evo as much as I want and HATE driving it around town. Its gonna be a recreational car so I'm buying a CHEAP as chips car for the odd time that I have to drive through Dublin.

FYI I've had the Evo almost 2 years now and have only put 11,500kms on it!!! :eek:

What would you do with "Engine now gone" part of the sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

would a car-derived van do? you'd probably get something a lot newer for your money if you can live with 2 seats

Kartale wrote: »
    What would you do with "Engine now gone" part of the sale?

Whoops!

Perhaps your right about the car derived van. (possibly Van or Jeep)

In honesty I'm hoping to turn the Evo into a track car next year and will need something for towing it to monello and back

Am I wasting money buying a small car now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

grahambo wrote: »
    Whoops!

Perhaps your right about the car derived van. (possibly Van or Jeep)

In honesty I'm hoping to turn the Evo into a track car next year and will need something for towing it to monello and back

Am I wasting money buying a small car now?

Yep.

If your thinking of towing the car to and from track days at some stage down the line, maybe you should be looking at buying a decent commercial jeep (the arse has fallen out of the commercial market, you should be able to find a decent machine for cheap).

Bit silly to buy a small car now, only to have to sell it and buy something more suited to towing in a years time, isnt it?

Yep.

If your thinking of towing the car to and from track days at some stage down the line, maybe you should be looking at buying a decent commercial jeep (the arse has fallen out of the commercial market, you should be able to find a decent machine for cheap).

Bit silly to buy a small car now, only to have to sell it and buy something more suited to towing in a years time, isnt it?

yeah

Your Correct, will have a gander around. wouldn't mind a Pajero Sport?

I know nothing about jeeps
    Advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Buying a jeep could be worse around town, and cost as much as the evo to run (20 to 25 mpg).
    Depends what you want.
    A good 2.0 turbo diesel will have no problem towing a car trailer with a car aboard.
    Not ideal, but not dangerous as some will probably suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cabinpac

See my Xantia in adverts, up to 55 MPG, clean, driving perfectly and looks good, big payload too, and black rubber tyres with a free spare - also rubber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

cabinpac wrote: »
    See my Xantia in adverts, up to 55 MPG, clean, driving perfectly and looks good, big payload too, and black rubber tyres with a free spare - also rubber.

As opposed to? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

bazz26 wrote: »
    As opposed to? :D

Them french yokey bobs used to come with these

10_inch_small_cart_wheel.JPG

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cabinpac

Forget to mention Xantia was tow car of the year for many years " caravan magazine" and the my one for sale in adverts - plug, also has a wired tow bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

cabinpac wrote: »
    Forget to mention Xantia was tow car of the year for many years " caravan magazine" and the my one for sale in adverts - plug, also has a wired tow bar.

sales effort fail :D

(you need to put a link in your sig)

Advertisement