Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband

Options
  • 06-10-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

A friend recently signed up to eircom broadband. All was going well untill today. Eircom had agreed to take their monthly fee on a particular date each month that suited my friend. Now eircom did not take it out on the date agreed. They took it out at a later date and as such there was no funds in the account that day. For this my friend has been penalised by the bank for going over her limit and for late fees!!

Who is at fault here? should eircom reimburse her as they had agreed to take the money on a particular date(when she knew there would be money in the account)?

She called and was fobbed of being told it was between her and her bank?

THanx

frAg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I would think Eircom state in their T&C that you should have enough money in your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What date for payment is written on the bill? This is what's agreed, and the only thing you can have them on is if they take the money before this date. If they wait a week or two after, that's all perfectly acceptable.

Most bills will state somewhere on it, that the direct debit payment will be take on or after a specific date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Eircom had agreed to take their monthly fee on a particular date each month that suited my friend.
    eircom usually wait at least three weeks to take direct debits from my own experience and could not agree to one particular date each month as the bills are produced on different dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Eircom usually take payment of bills 21 days(approx) after the billing date, nearly sure that it mentions this on each bill as well?

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement