Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.bendunne.com,his new site,discuss!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qwertyTRiG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

mayhem# wrote: »
    Wouldn't be much more fitting if they called the site "www.beendone.com"?

someone beat me to registering that domain name :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭juanyjuans

gonker wrote: »

Brilliant!

Seems there was more money spent on the radio ads then the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

http://www.bendunne.com/ads/8199-original-laurel-and-hardy-poster

There's a thread on bargain alerts about this too. Anyone want a goat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Was trying to sell a suite of furniture for my Mother and got the below reply.
    Very strange I thought from the UK to Kerry for a suite of furniture? I tried ringing him.
    No answer this morning. Called tonight (8.30pm) and a guy with poor English answered and asked me to call back as he was sleeping. I would have thought that all Ben Smith's would have had decent English.
    Look out for the guy if you are posting on the site.
    Can't quite figure how he has going to scam me though:confused:
    Replied telling him about the phone calls and telling him that cash on collection was the only payment I would accept and that my Garda neighbour would be there to count it when he calls:D

Thanks for your mail,i do want you to know that am ok with
    the price , and the payment will be by check. ONLY,as i have a contact
    in who will make payment to you on my behalf ,so if you are ok with
    this,get back to me asap with your details needed for the addression of
    the bank draft. such as below:

Name to be on the Bank Draft..:

Address where Bank Draft will be received by you:

Phone Number's such as Mobile ,Land line and Office Number:

Asregards the shippment,i have a responsible shipping
    agent that willcome for pick up as soon as you received your money and
    confirm this to me,i will ask my shipper to come for the pick up asap..
    +447024058620
    Best regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Was trying to sell a suite of furniture for my Mother and got the below reply.
    Very strange I thought from the UK to Kerry for a suite of furniture? I tried ringing him.
    No answer this morning. Called tonight (8.30pm) and a guy with poor English answered and asked me to call back as he was sleeping. I would have thought that all Ben Smith's would have had decent English.
    Look out for the guy if you are posting on the site.
    Replied telling him about the phone calls and telling him that cash on collection was the only payment I would accept and that my Garda neighbour would be there to count it when he calls:D

Name to be on the Bank Draft..:

Address where Bank Draft will be received by you:

+447024058620
    Best regards

Thats a very common scam for anyone offering anything for sale on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Tomthepost wrote: »
    I believe the scam is that he "accidentally" over pays you with the cheque, gets you to refund the difference to him (often asked for by Western Union), and then his cheque bounces, leaving you out by the refund amount. (Whatever you're selling is irrelevant - he's never any intention of collecting it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

MOH wrote: »
    I believe the scam is that he "accidentally" over pays you with the cheque, gets you to refund the difference to him (often asked for by Western Union), and then his cheque bounces, leaving you out by the refund amount. (Whatever you're selling is irrelevant - he's never any intention of collecting it).

Thats the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 damoofche

The same has happened to us, we were selling a selection of items (unwanted gifts) and 'John Cole' replied to every item. Thanks for the heads up, I think I might offer him some sky-hooks, a rubber tow rope etc. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 damoofche

Very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭maebee

2 days ago I put an ad in Buy&Sell to sell my car and I've had 3 of these replies. Can't believe anyone would fall for this. this is the latest one:

Mark Daniels to me
    show details 5:08 PM (1 hour ago)

Name to be on the check.:

Address where check will be received by you:

+447024058620
    Best regards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 trudyaffair

Hi all,

have spoke and met Ben Dunne and I think he is fantastic. I tried bendunne.com before and thought it was great for traffic and what I was amazed by it he himself actually rang me! How impressed was I by that. I think he is a people`s man he does not have to do all of this as I am sure he has pleanty of dosh.
    He`s traffic is good:
    globe-sm.gif Alexa Traffic Rank: 762,318
    ie.png Traffic Rank in IE: 2,828
    Have to go now as I am going to blast my wait to the tenderme.ie site and see can I get any customers!!
    Thanks
    Trudy
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

Hi all,

have spoke and met Ben Dunne and I think he is fantastic. I tried bendunne.com before and thought it was great for traffic and what I was amazed by it he himself actually rang me! How impressed was I by that. I think he is a people`s man he does not have to do all of this as I am sure he has pleanty of dosh.
    He`s traffic is good:
    globe-sm.gif Alexa Traffic Rank: 762,318
    ie.png Traffic Rank in IE: 2,828
    Have to go now as I am going to blast my wait to the tenderme.ie site and see can I get any customers!!
    Thanks
    Trudy
    x

Talk about dragging up an old thread! Trudy the ranking of this site is not very good at all with the world ranking & more so with the Irish ranking. For such a site with intended target market - it should be within the top 200 of Irish sites.

Not sure where your going with this post unless you can share some of this experience as it otherwise looks like a poor pr attempt for your own site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 trudyaffair

ouch! There was no need for that. I did not know how old the thread was. I just was googling for the bendunne.com site as I used it before and out popped his new site and I looked into it. i just like bendunne.com tha`s all. I never mentioned my site in the thread?
    You might be glad to know this now..but I have tried to put an ad on new site and there does not seem to be a slot for my sort of website so I have now sent an e-mail to them. So maybe I was a little bit premature about praising site. As for traffic I thought it was good compared to most. It was all just my opinion sorry it upset you so much.
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

np trudy in voicing your thoughts and not trying to knock you on it at all.
    so Ben rang you with putting an ad on his site or something like that by your first post? Curious if he is taking a hands on approach with the site! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

His site hasn't worked for ages, no matter what you searched for it just said "Oops an error occurred, please try again later" and now the site is taken down and it just says "It works!". After spending over 100k on advertising it is a disaster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

All his sites and business models are terrible with so many fundamental mistakes. Whoever is responsible for his sites should be shot.

The fact that he called you says he's not very busy.

The only thing going for him is the advertising budget and his name but this is wasted when the product/service is so bad.

Pity as he is a nice fellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

He called me once, I was very excited. Decided not to work with me and launched Bendunne.com as is. Cant say my heart is broken with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Grimes wrote: »
    He called me once, I was very excited. Decided not to work with me and launched Bendunne.com as is. Cant say my heart is broken with this.

:rolleyes:I'd say your sick! ;)

After all, "it works".

Advertisement