Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Band Conditions on 80 Mts

Options
  • 06-10-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

I was listening to K1JJ on 3.791 Sunday evening calling and working stations in Europe , John has a superb station , with his 80 MT ANTENNA suspended at 60 Meters , we manged to complete a QSO with just one tenth of a watt on SSB , all credit due to the receive perfomance of K1JJ . If you still need a W contact on 80 SSB or are interested in experimenting with qrp and small antennas then this is a ideal opportunity, K1JJ is active most evenings .

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

If you read this http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=21086.0 you'll see why he's our version of Pat EI 8 H.;););)

73's John.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Pat 8H , George 6S and Tom 9DL set the bar that us mere mortals try to jump across on 80 Mts, Pat was and still is the King of Low Band DXers , with a DXCC Total on 160 that will never be surpassed .

les45 wrote: »
    Pat 8H , Pat was and still is the King of Low Band DXers , with a DXCC Total on 160 that will never be surpassed .

Pat 8 Henry or Havana "He's the man" Must dig out a few pics of his QTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

anyone using a k9ay for RX. as I dont really have the room for 400ft + beverages the k9ay looks nice and tidy.

Not intrested in paying $400 dollers for it thou so going to try to make a homebrew version.

anyone else try this i have looked on the net and cant find much info.

Well worth a look http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/low_band_antennae.htm.

Good luck with the experiments .

John:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

les45 wrote: »
    Pat 8H , George 6S and Tom 9DL set the bar that us mere mortals try to jump across on 80 Mts, Pat was and still is the King of Low Band DXers , with a DXCC Total on 160 that will never be surpassed .

What is Pat's (EI8H) total on 160 mtrs ? He seems to have given up altogether on radio since his tower came down a few years ago.
    http://www.pa3gcv.nl/160/ I wonder why his callsign is not listed here. Or have I missed it.
    Thanks in advance,
    John

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    What is Pat's (EI8H) total on 160 mtrs ? He seems to have given up altogether on radio since his tower came down a few years ago.
    http://www.pa3gcv.nl/160/ I wonder why his callsign is not listed here. Or have I missed it.
    Thanks in advance,
    John

Wrote to Henk PA3GCV and here is the answer. Make up your own mind.

Hello John,

I don’t know why , everybody is free to make his own choice and maybe he like’s to keep it for himself.
    There are more well know Ham’s who are not on the list.

Best regards, Henk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Greenman wrote: »
    Wrote to Henk PA3GCV and here is the answer. Make up your own mind.

Hello John,

I don’t know why , everybody is free to make his own choice and maybe he like’s to keep it for himself.
    There are more well know Ham’s who are not on the list.

Best regards, Henk

Strange !!

Sour grapes !!!!!!!!!!! , there are few if any other DXers in the World better known than Pat EI8H , I should remember Pat.s total but I am afraid I was at one of Georges 6Sugers, EIs get together at his home in Mounnugent , something in my mind ( full with Georges and Maura's wonderful food and drink ) says over 300 on Top for Pat . I am looking forward to hearing Pat on 80 and 160 soon ,and I have no doubt that he will add a few more to that magnificent total . Two bands that we can hold our own on are 160 and 80 , with Pat 8H and George 6S right up there at the top . :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 scannyman

The late Pat EI9CB

• Advertisement
Advertisement