Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield Bugler

Options
  • 06-10-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Anything out of the ordinary and risqué on campus should be welcomed I suppose.

I've heard reports of UCDU sabats running around trying to collect up copies before they fall into the hands of the unsuspecting belfield campus community.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't wanna be attacking anybody, but I'd feel sorry for people who would take this seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

whats this about?? im on placement so i miss all the exciting events of campus :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

what's a bugler?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

what's a bugler?

Someone who bugles.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

whats this about?? im on placement so i miss all the exciting events of campus :p

A one page A4 spoof newspaper that was spread all around campus today and yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Anyone feel like scanning and uploading one? I heard it was pretty funny and well written but haven't seen any of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Didnt see it yesterday at all and I was around all day. Im also aware that only one of the Sabats was in yesterday after class rep training so I dont think they were running around campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

Grimes wrote:
    Im also aware that only one of the Sabats was in yesterday after class rep training

They're probably tired from all the 'team building' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Frank_Gallagher

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Someone who bugles.

Also Dublinese for an erection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dking

ye well written and very funny ,,,,:D
    saw a lot of the sheets in and around the newman building and down in the trap,,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

so, what was the paper about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Tell us...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Breezer wrote: »
    Tell us...!!!

I agree! The people demand answers and freesheet satirical newspapers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well one lovely article in it is how I'm (a) still Women's Officer and (b) in favour of backstreet abortions :rolleyes:

(which for the record I am neither)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I thought that the OP had mispelled burgler.

This made the first post confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Certain this thread was about a misspelled burglar (better look here in case my bike's at risk...)

Just in relation to the last Tribune-

Does anybody else find it a bit odd the whole thing about the SU joining with Generation Yes, and now Dan Hayden going nuts over pro-lisbon posters being stolen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Steve

Anyone feel like scanning and uploading one? I heard it was pretty funny and well written but haven't seen any of them around.

I have one, but not to hand. I might write up what it says tomorrow. Gist of it was slandering some SU officers in some pretty absurd ways. Amusing stuff for all involved.

Ok, amusing stuff for me. Whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 millar222

It would appear that the "Bugler" was removed and binned from what I've heard.

Can anyone scan and upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

i found the bugle(r) boring and unfunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

In my day the Bugler was unfunny, poorly written, and a barely cloaked attack on Union Officers.

Hopefully it has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 millar222

well this was quite funny, reasonably well written, and a fairly open attack on SU officers, so I'd say, yes, it has changed, at least a bit.

There was another one today which was kinda funny, but kinda stupid. I'll scan it and upload later

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

There was another one today which was kinda funny, but kinda stupid.I'll scan it and upload later

Articles include

- 'Sharia Law To Be Introduced In Ag Science'
    - 'New Student Traveller Card For UCD'
    - 'C&E Society Bankrupt'
    - 'Male 'Wet Pants' Competition For UCD'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didn't find this one as funny today, but still, better than not laughing at all.

Im on campus today, Ill grab one. Let hope they use their publication to actually highlight the issues in the SU, Societies and Admin rather than using it as an excuse to write "poopy" across campus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Grimes wrote: »
    Im on campus today, Ill grab one. Let hope they use their publication to actually highlight the issues in the SU, Societies and Admin rather than using it as an excuse to write "poopy" across campus
    Manage to pick one up? I had a look for one on my travels around the campus, but didn't manage to get one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Here's a scan for anyone who missed it.

• Advertisement

Here's a scan for anyone who missed it.
    In before me, apparently. ;D

Advertisement