Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield Bugler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Biggest load of **** I have ever read. Im sure its supposed to be funny in a post modern sort of way but its pretty pathetic. Wont bother picking up a copy, cheers for the upload.

by the way here is my attempt at post modern surrealist humor

what-is-fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Grimes wrote: »
    Biggest load of **** I have ever read. Im sure its supposed to be funny in a post modern sort of way but its pretty pathetic. Wont bother picking up a copy, cheers for the upload.

what-is-fail.jpg

I dunno, I got a bit of a chuckle from the "traveller card" article, and the bit about the education officers penis, because penis jokes are always hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeah i thought it was fairly funny, especially the traveller card. Although i think they were fairly harsh on 'fat jonny'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Grimes wrote: »

what-is-fail.jpg

I agree. That was dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Reminded me of The Slate a bit, but just trying a wee bit too hard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Ya, I thought that was very harsh to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I presume if you know the people who it refers to it'd be funny but otherwise it's ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Anybody got the first issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Meh, pretty crap imo. Lacks any wit or subtlety. It's just being abusive, anyone can do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

who is that lad theyve hes fairly good, stands out seems like hes been around a looong time though??

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

That is the best-kept secret on campus...no-one will ever find out. I wouldn't even bother investigating! Just accept that it's [talleyrand...not bugler] good :)

I presume if you know the people who it refers to it'd be funny but otherwise it's ****.

Of course I know them and its still not funny. Someone has issues about not having any friends on campus and are taking it out on people who have by launching into pure nasty abuse, im sure if I knew who the author was I could take some negative phyiscal atribute and highlight it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The bit about Fat Johnny isn't funny - it's just insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Probably one or two lonely guys with no mates out to vent the frustration of their own social retardation through a perfect display of poor humour and unoriginality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Who is Fat Johnny?

Is the Belfield Bugle just a case of students attacking other students? If it is it's in bad taste imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

mloc wrote: »
    Probably one or two lonely guys with no mates out to vent the frustration of their own social retardation through a perfect display of poor humour and unoriginality.
    it's written by a guy from the Observer, what did you expect.

mad lad wrote: »

The Bugler is? If that's true it's very disappionting. If they get much worse they could be in trouble; there is no satire defense in Irish defamation law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I liked it... it was silly.

Except the "Fat" Jonny part is way too harsh. Especially considering the amount he's accomplished in UCD.

mad lad wrote: »

How do you know this. name and shame ftw

• Advertisement

Careful now, the C+E article is basically malicious defamation. Even republishing the article would leave you as guilty at the writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

I heard it was a guy from the College Tribune/Turbine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Who is Fat Johnny?

Johnny Cosgrove. One of the nicest, most pleasant, all round decent people I have had the pleasure of meeting.

By all means make fun of and satarise someone, but hiding behind an anonymous abusive tirade is simply cowardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

While I did find it slightly amusing, the article slagging Johnny was a bit harsh. I got a good laugh out of the rest of the articles. I say fair play to whoever bothered to throw it around campus.

In all fairness johnny didnt deserve that, nobody does. I dont know the guy but few actions would deserve that slagging fair play to whoevers showing the initiative to publish something but I remember trininty having a similar booklet. It was a lot more entertaining and without the personal attacks, hugh brady's always good for a laugh hes fair game and even mild slagging of hacks is fair enough but it went on for a bit too long about this johnny lad, no need for it

The Agogo wrote: »
    That is the best-kept secret on campus...no-one will ever find out. I wouldn't even bother investigating! Just accept that it's [talleyrand...not bugler] good :)

ah now you cant say something like that without me wanting to know:)
    theyre capable and if theyre not an academic or someone on the staff, Im sure to recognise theyre style somewhere else when they leave college. There are few around with that style or maybe its that its not allowed loose in the mainstream media either way its good;)

Ive got a feeling its you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I enjoyed how abusive it was, can't imagine I'd feel the same if it was about me though.
    Not particularly clever or well written even, but it does the job of being different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Didn't read it all but the few bits I did bother to muse over were just trashy, offensive shíte for the most part.

As everyone else has already discussed, the bit about Johnny was particularly bad and it seems like a pretty awful attempt at a Tallyrand take on things.

If someone had written about me in the same vein, I would want their head on a platter! Knowing Johnny, he'll probably take it all with a pinch of salt; hopefully.

;):pAnd what I dont get is that there is PLENTY of dirt on certain people in UCD. Why dont they use the stuff we all know but wont talk about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement