Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield Bugler

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

the disgraceful waste of student's money on things such as paltry statues and the beckett display in the library, when more books could be bought instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IndigoStarr

mad lad wrote: »
    it's written by a guy from the Observer, what did you expect.

Any proof of that, or do you just want to continue spreading lies?

There's a big difference between intelligent satire and just taking unfunny low shots at people. Whoever writes it needs to both grow up and become funny. I wouldn't mind it if it was actually funny but it is just an immature, stupid rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Three people in UCD have asked me was I behind this. Id like to say it certainly wasnt me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

There's a big difference between intelligent satire and just taking unfunny low shots at people. Whoever writes it needs to both grow up and become funny. I wouldn't mind it if it was actually funny but it is just an immature, stupid rag.

I'm not going to 'out' anyone. It's nothing worse than anything from the Spanner ;)

http://www.oxygen.ie/page/187

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

So, you must be Johnny? :P

• Advertisement

I wonder what this week's will be about....

So the College Tribune came out, featured the Bugle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

The Agogo wrote: »
    So the College Tribune came out, featured the Bugle...

Are you serious? Did they town it down?

I can't imagine them using phrases like "repulsive fat f*ck" and not getting into some serious trouble about it.

No, I meant that they did a story on it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Here's this week's:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Even less satire and more direct assualts.

Surely CCTV is picking up whoever is passing these out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Its a pity really, with the effort and commitment gone into it it would be nice if it was even a bit clever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Libelous, abusive drivel. I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

I picked up the latest in a lecture theatre today. Tbh, I thought this one was less of an 'attack' than the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

I found it amusing. Maybe you're all just better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Somebody clearly has an axe to grind anyway!

Interesting distraction for a few minutes anyway, I'm sure it has caused a few bruised egos up in the White Elephant (student centre). No harm really though.

think_of_the_children.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Has seriously gone downhill.

Oh, and the irony on the Tribune 'Turbine' section isn't lost on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 onewing

Kind of pathetic really. I'm guessing an Observer-head, because of the anti-Tribune rant (which was ridiculously ironic, seeing as the Turbine does satire in a far wittier way than this crap does.)

pithater1 wrote: »
    No harm really though.

Did you read it?
    It comes to the attention of the Belfield Bugle that the editor of the College Tribune has been taking advantage of a group of disabled students
    I have even heard rumours of SU sabbats dipping their greasy hands into the fund in order to pay clamping release fees
    Pulse Security referred to the victims as "dorty fookin raghead" ... "sure they're only fookin towelheads in anyways"

Insinuations of SU sabbats stealing money, the college tribune taking advantage of disabled people and of Pulse Security being racists.
    Perfectly harmless indeed... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Insinuations of SU sabbats stealing money, the college tribune taking advantage of disabled people and of Pulse Security being racists.

Woah, I actually thought the Bugle was satire! I didn't realise they were bringing sensitive, undisclosed issues to light. :rolleyes:

Notorious wrote: »
    Woah, I actually thought the Bugle was satire! I didn't realise they were bringing sensitive, undisclosed issues to light. :rolleyes:

The bugle most certainly is not satire.

onewing wrote: »
    Kind of pathetic really. I'm guessing an Observer-head, because of the anti-Tribune rant (which was ridiculously ironic, seeing as the Turbine does satire in a far wittier way than this crap does.)

We have plenty of hear-say and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence...

Lionel%20Hutz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Did you read it?

I have indeed read it.
    TBH I'd hold it in the same regard as grafiti in the jacks though, I'd highly doubt that the majority of people who read in would believe anything printed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I have indeed read it.
    TBH I'd hold it in the same regard as grafiti in the jacks though, I'd highly doubt that the majority of people who read in would believe anything printed on it.

You mean Sharia Law isnt being implemented in the Ag Science building?

FFS........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Fad wrote: »
    You mean Sharia Law isnt being implemented in the Ag Science building?

FFS........

Yeah I love how those girls always leave a little bit to the imagination. raaarr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

I have indeed read it.
    I've seen some excellent graffiti in the jacks.

Also, who the hell poops with a pen?

33% God wrote: »
    Also, who the hell poops with a pen?

It's ironic when that's written on the jack walls

Advertisement