Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Adult Dogs

Options
  • 06-10-2009 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me why on sites like donedeal people are looking for €150 - €350 for Dogs that are 5years and older .
    I can see that some people move house or to an apartment and unable to bring your dog but why sell it
    I can understand buying Pups but for adult dogs ?

Example :<snip>

PS I am talking about pets not Working Dogs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Who knows? Some say it's because they think that people who pay money for a dog will treat it better but I don't know. Looking for €150 for a 9 yr old bitch is a bit rich, would they not just get in contact with Westie Rescue and try to get a good home for the old girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Who knows personal cirumstances change , i could never imagine me selling a dog i've had for over 9 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I agree with both of you . If you go through all the ads there is loads of people looking for money for there Pets .

And as you said they can contact rescue centers to rehome there pets . very strange.

I have two westies but as they are Family members I could never think of Giving them away Let alone Selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Stolen dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Jumpy wrote: »
    Stolen dogs?

I was thinking that too but if your Dog was stolen the Auction sites and pounds are the first place I would look .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Times are hard on people these days with the recession and unemployment, maybe they need the money badly who knows , If i had to sell my pet that i had for over 9 years i would be devastated, actually scratch that , i'm sure i could come up with 150 euro somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

We've had this conversation before. Also in the charter there's not to be links to specific dog selling adverts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement