Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Clondalkin Like??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Brought up in Neilstown and I work in the Clondalkin area now.
    There are areas of Clondalkin (say, the 3km from Neilstown railway bridge up to Liffey valley and most of the area west of Bawnogue shops and between the New Nangor Road and the canal) that I personally would not live in.
    Elsewhere, it's fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

born2bwild wrote: »
    Brought up in Neilstown and I work in the Clondalkin area now.
    There are areas of Clondalkin (say, the 3km from Neilstown railway bridge up to Liffey valley and most of the area west of Bawnogue shops and between the New Nangor Road and the canal) that I personally would not live in.
    Elsewhere, it's fine.

Greenfort knacker and proud right here, my fellow Red:D

I'm from Cork City, I worked in Clondalkin for a couple of years back in 2003 to 2005, I lived in Monastery Gate, I really liked Clondalkin village, had great nights out in Diva and was happy out there. Admittedly Monastery Gate wouldn't be what folks think of when Clondalkin is mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

RoverJames wrote: »
    Admittedly Monastery Gate wouldn't be what folks think of when Clondalkin is mentioned.

That's why I always say Clondalkin village when asked were i'm from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've been living in Clondalkin for almost 3 months now. Not the worst place really, has almost everything you could need and if it doesn't have it, it's only a bus ride to the city or out to Liffey Valley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 numinous

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I've deleted a few unconstructive posts, let's try to keep them constructive from here on...

You apparently removed my post. I have to ask you if you believe that accurately and honestly warning people about serious problems is 'unconstructive'.

Considering the experiences I've had in Deansrath I consider your action irresponsible.

I'm inviting you to meet with the residents of my estate, so that the consequences of living in the wrong area of Clondalkin is made apparent to you. E-mail me to arrange this meeting and do not censor further posts that are intended to make people aware of what an area can be like, so that they can avoid the kind of hell I went through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I have to agree with the poster above.

Parts of Bawnogue are extremely unpleasant areas to live in; Deansrath, Kilmahudrick in particular.

The problems are the usual ones caused by the usual minority.

Not very nice to say these things. They are, unfortunately, true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I deleted the last post by Numinous. It was unconstructive to the thread and the sort of post that would open up a can of worms. Before you know it you'd have people joining in with all sorts of slanderous allegations and unsubstantiated rumours.

Boards.ie can be held responsible for this as it is the conduit to these utterances. It adds nothing to the discussion whatsoever.

I think at this stage,2 and a half years after the OP first asked this question that the thread has fulfilled its purpose and hopefully they've found themselves a nice place in Clondalkin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement