Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone any luck on their new licenses yet?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭shannonpowerlab

It is nice to know there is something happening somewhere.

By the way, inspeciton is for safe storage only if you have more than 1 shot gun or a restricted firearm right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

It is nice to know there is something happening somewhere.

By the way, inspeciton is for safe storage only if you have more than 1 shot gun or a restricted firearm right?

not according to the lad that called today, he told me that they want to hands on see every licenced firearm in the district and check the serial number on it, cos they reckon there are guns out there missing and not reported or worse still, sold and no paperwork was done:eek::eek:

mmmmmm. That is pretty serious...Ah sure I don't have one yet anyway I have nothing to show.
    The gun is still at the shop.

Just waiting for my first one to go through. Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Yup ,inspected as well last Sunday,alarm and safes...Despite this being signed off on last year in March by the CPO on an application for a dealership.:rolleyes:
    Also Limerick cheif Super and Super grousing about ammo limits!!
    Explained that the euro firearms passport defaults automatically to 500 rounds,that 500 rounds was granted by default on my 9mm,that it doesnt mean that everyone is going to dash off and buy to their full capacity and store up thousands of rounds.Rather it is a saftey measure too that ,if somone was going to a competition they have plausible and good reason for being in possesion of such a large amount of ammo.
    500 rounds for clay busting or pistol shooting isnt exactly alot,just costwise it is a killer.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

They should have an exchange programme with the UK, send over a few of the more tight arsed Supers to keel over at ammo limits there.

One small problem solved!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

2 months and 4 days but at last i've got a receipt of application letter from An Gardai. I know its not a licence but after 2 months its nice to hear some sort of reply. They said they have until 11/01/10 to make a decision so guess i'm gonna need some more extensions...........please............Gardai.............hello........:D:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

ezridax wrote: »
    2 months and 4 days but at last i've got a receipt of application letter from An Gardai. I know its not a licence but after 2 months its nice to hear some sort of reply. They said they have until 11/01/10 to make a decision so guess i'm gonna need some more extensions...........please............Gardai.............hello........:D:D

good luck ezridax! well at least something, i went again with my papers month ago and still nothing.. :( "postman syndrome" is getting stronger every day :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I've just done a bit of a cleanup of a few posts that were re-proving Godwin's Law.

Can you all please try to stay on topic?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

had the local gaurds out with me yesterday to re-inspect my safe and alarm ,only had it done last year for the deer licence ,he said they were going to check everyone safe and guns .
    super also wanted to know why i needed 2 shotguns ,and why i wanted a moderator
    gave him all the answears he wanted to hear and he went off happy ,said there should be no probs just wait it out ...

ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

ianoo wrote: »
    had the local gaurds out with me yesterday to re-inspect my safe and alarm ,only had it done last year for the deer licence ,he said they were going to check everyone safe and guns .
    super also wanted to know why i needed 2 shotguns ,and why i wanted a moderator
    gave him all the answears he wanted to hear and he went off happy ,said there should be no probs just wait it out ...

ian

Same checks are going on up here in Donegal, if you dont mind me asking what part of the country are you in Ianoo?

• Advertisement

Congratulations Ianoo! You are almost there.

I was wondering if there is anyone in Clare region who got anywhere with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

Same checks are going on up here in Donegal, if you dont mind me asking what part of the country are you in Ianoo?
    down waterford way ,so its pretty countrywide
    ian

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I was inspected last april, should i be expecting a knock on the door again soon?

That would be a waste of Garda man hours in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

I was inspected about 6 weeks ago just checked serial numbers fo said they will be looking at everybody's firearms to confirm you have what you have on paper noting to do with security thats the CPO job

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Meantime the countdown continuse to Oct 31st...9working days to go..
    At this stage it would be more important INMHO to start issuing liscenses or another bunch of extensions,instead of fannying around with checking if people have their guns..Quit wasting valuble police resources and taxpayers money with this...I really hope somone is going to do an audit on how much this has cost the taxpayer in money and the gardai in time which could have been used to better purposes like fighting crime??.....:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I've asked my Local TD to look into the extensions, October 31st here too. I was talking to a minister earlier but he had to leave before I could put that particular flea in his ear, to be followed up though.

I'm not worrying, it's my new policy not to, instead, I'm delegating :D

**** it, something to do on the wet Winter nights.

I guess there are still quite a lot of people who have not heard a thing?

Any news form Co. Clare yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Got mine this morning :D:D:D

Hello moose112

are you form clare by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Hello moose112

are you form clare by any chance?

Nope Laois

Its for a new rifle BTW my shotgun extended until May

• Advertisement

Boo hoo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmyzx

Got my payment letter for my shotgun today. Still no word on my 2 rifles yet, but my fingers are still crossed.

Advertisement