Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa steam train

Options
  • 06-10-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

I wanted to book the Santa Steam train this year for my son and I thought I was on the ball by booking 2 months in advance but apparantly its booked out since JUNE :eek:

I'm really trying to make this Christmas very special for him as its the first one where he will grasp the excitement and magic that Christmas is. I think sometimes more for myself than him ;)

The ones for Belfast don't go on sale until November. Has anyone ever been on it and is it worth the journey to Belfast for it???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

went on it a few years ago and although the train was lovely... we didnt see that much of Santa. he went around the carraiges for a while and that was it really.....

For a magical experience I would highly recommend lullymore in Kildare... lovely day out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

On board the train Santa walks from one end of the train to the other and sits with each of the kids, asks them the usual "what's your name?" "What do you want for christmas?" questions and hands out a selection box to each child. (and the adults get a free drink at the bar;)). It doesn't sound like much but it's actually a great day out and only costs €15. My kids love it (5½ & 2½), especially the eldest. The whole steam train thing is a novelty they seem to enjoy - a proper 'choo choo' train :D I'd have to recommend it.

It's quite normal for tickets to be sold out by October. My wife books in March :eek:

I think the Belfast train is the same train run by the same railway preservation crowd.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

did you try
    http://www.wsvrailway.ie/thesantaexpress.shtml in Waterford?

They also do a spooky train ride for Hallowe'en.

Causey farm is excellent !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

I'd recommend Breakfast with Santa at the zoo. We went last year. It is pricey but it includes entrance to the zoo
    Also a couple of year ago we went to Glenroe farm to see Santa and had a really nice time.

Advertisement