Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evile bassist passed away

• 06-10-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

http://earachenews.blogspot.com/2009/10/evile-statement-mike-alexander.html
    “This is so hard to find the words to express fully how we feel. We can’t believe or accept what’s happened. One minute we’re talking to our buddy, Mike, the next minute we can never speak to him again.

There’s so many things rushing through our heads that we want to say, do and feel. We half expect him to come round the corner and call us ‘dickheads’. We can’t get our heads around it.

It upsets us so much that he was away from his family when this happened, although knowing Mike, we’re at least glad he was on tour doing what he loves.

We’re lost for words. We all miss him so much already. He was such a headstrong, genuinely nice guy who loved music and his family. We’ve got so many brilliant memories with him.

Our hearts go out to his daughter, family and friends at this tragic, difficult time.

Mike is much loved and is sorely missed.

Rest in peace, brother.”

:eek:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

:eek:

Their show here was only a few weeks away too. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Can't believe it. Only a few weeks after their new album and they were really starting going places with this tour IMO. RIP Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

When DC played the Point in April we went to Fibbers first and Evile were playin there that night, heard them soundchecking, they sounded awesome.
    Had a beer and a smoke with Mike outside and he was such a nice guy, so enthusiastic and a pleasure to talk to.
    Sure he'll be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Was Really looking forward to seeing them, what a great musician, RIP:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

That's awful. RIP.

There was so much potential there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

RIP Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

I saw them with Machine Head a few years back, my ex bought the cd and I have many memories of listening to them. Bummer. He was way young!
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

RIP Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Such a shame...really enjoyed seeing 'em in Fibbers...loving the new albu. And was really looking forward to the gig this month...

RIP Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Anna Molly wrote: »
    I saw them with Machine Head a few years back, my ex bought the cd and I have many memories of listening to them. Bummer. He was way young!
    RIP
    Ditto, I'd never heard of them before that MH gig and they were nearly as good as the headliners that night!

RIP Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Metalhead Fred

RIP Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

R.I.P. Mike.

Loved the debut album, looking forward to picking up the new one.

Tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

+1

That MH gig showed me how amazing they were, i now love them...it's actually horrible!!

All i remember leaving that gig was how Gamma Bomb should never have played and Evile should have gotten a longer set!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jimmy the Weed

All i remember leaving that gig was how Gamma Bomb should never have played and Evile should have gotten a longer set!

eh, n the voodoo yeah? no matter how well evile were they was no way they were better than gama bomb, at least know a medicre band from a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

No? Ambassador, it was the blackening tour, Gamma Bombs singer was off his face and their sound was a little off for my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

RIP Mike
    luckily i got to see them in Cork not so long ago, great band and a sound bunch of lads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Thats sad news :(

Advertisement