Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specialized Allez for sale

• 06-10-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Its the 2008 model - I bought it from Hollingsworth cycles.
    I have used it as a trainer and as a commuter and won't lie the paint looks a bit tired with a big scratch on the forks, however its been serviced and is in good running order.

€300 or nearest offer I think, otherwise its not worth my while selling. I will include the BBB pedals also.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

What size frame is it?
    Can you please post some pics?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

if it's a 58cm, I'd like a look at this please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

How deep is the scratch?

+1 on the pics and more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 THEWHELO

I'm 6' 3" and would be very interested if it were the size for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hi all,

I cannot believe I forgot to put the size on it !

Its a 56cm.

Its more of a graze along the front fork where it rubbed against a low wall at work - it in no way effects the bikes handling or frames integrity or anything.

Thanks for looking lads
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 THEWHELO

Reckon that's a touch too small for me unfortunately :(

I could just about do with a 56, might be a bit big but I think I prefer a slightly larger frame.

Can you please post some pics up - or at least even put a link to a stock photo of the bike so I can get an idea of what it looks like, and what the components are. I'm definitely interested. Thanks.

# Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium frame, fully manipulated tubing, compact road design, integrated headset, hourglass speedstays
    # Specialized carbon fork, carbon fibre legs, Aluminium steerer
    # Specialized Sport stem, 3D forged alloy, 31.8mm split clamp, 7 degree
    # Specialized Comp bar, 6061 alloy, short-reach drop, 31.8mm
    # Shimano Tiagra rear derailleur, short cage Shimano Sora shifters, 9-speed STI, flight deck compatible SRAM PG-950 cassette, 9-speed 11-28t 50x34T chainrings

Having trouble finding a decent pic -

pic and review

http://www.roadcycler.com/2008/03/specialized-allez-triple-review-2008/

Just to note mine is a double though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 .JoKeR.

were about you based to check it out...? cheers

• Advertisement

Hi,

I am in Sutton, North Dublin.

I can bring it into the green if required as I commute by bike.
    Or meet on the way to or from work on the route to Sutton.

Cheers

I'm interested. I'll come view it from Friday lunchtime onwards. I dont mind going to Sutton, I've no job so I've loads of free time. PM me your number or address and we can arrange a time.

What colour frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭dblennon

Hi Rob,

I could come out and have a look at that this, this evening, if it's in good nick I'll probably take it there and then.

I live in howth so it's on the way home for me!

PM me with the address

flickerx wrote: »
    I'm interested. I'll come view it from Friday lunchtime onwards. I dont mind going to Sutton, I've no job so I've loads of free time. PM me your number or address and we can arrange a time.

What colour frame?

Sorry Flickerx - I only spotted your reply now, dblennon is coming to see it tonight, if nothing comes of it your very welcome to organise a viewing over the weekend.

But to be honest - if its the wrong size for you I wouldn't buy it - you could end up very uncomfortable on a bike that's the wrong size.

It would be worth your while checking with your LBS before buying second hand as wrong size = loads of pain imo.

Its Black , for whomever asked about colour.

Rob

One of the fixies I have is a 56 frame and I dont have any problems with it, and I rode a rented 56 allez elite earlier in the summer so it would be suitable for me. If dblennon doesnt go for it, please let me know, I'll come anywhere, anytime on Friday - I just have to go to London soon for a job interview tomorrow morning and I'm not back until tomorrow night.

the bike has been sold to DBLennon

thanks for all the replies.

best of luck with the interview flickerx

Advertisement