Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John O'Donoghue - whats to become of him eh gov?

• 06-10-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Well i think he is a goner! There might be a new government in a few weeks. Don't fancy the crowd thats in but they made the mess and i would really like to see them clear it up. A general election will go right into their barrow.
    But John O'D, he's up the ****s i'd say.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Hes is a goner I'd say. Now that Labour motion has been tabled against him he has no chances. Greens would vote against him. Just like in the UK when the speaker was put under pressure he had to go. John would have to walk before the Greens meet on Saturaday.

No way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

But John O'D, he's up the ****s i'd say.
    He'll be treated like a martyr in his own constituency. He stole jobs away from Dublin and had splendid new offices in Cahirciveen and Killarney (the latter costing the state €19.5m. excluding extra staffing costs) to house his prize civil servants. Then there's the wonderful white elephant swimming pool that he had built using central government funds.

I'd say he'll never be short of a free pint as long as he's in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

the greens will back out because of this and many other issues but the new government wont be any better than what we have now, and much as i hate to say it NAMA is actually a good idea!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He'll be treated like a martyr in his own constituency. He stole jobs away from Dublin and had splendid new offices in Cahirciveen and Killarney (the latter costing the state €19.5m. excluding extra staffing costs) to house his prize civil servants. Then there's the wonderful white elephant swimming pool that he had built using central government funds.

I'd say he'll never be short of a free pint as long as he's in Kerry.
    Indeed, certain people in Kerry think it is a witch hunt against him! Over 700k in travel is a figure I heard today that JOD has clocked up in something like 6 years!!

Advertisement