Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweet Jaysus!!!

• 06-10-2009 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

I was recovering from a night up listening to the Packers being mauled by Minnesota on 620WTMJ when i tuned in to the Mooney show today Tuesday 06/10.

Now, what I heard was that person Brenda Donoghue at some promotion at Arnotts for God knows what, but the Fureys were involved.

I was subjected to a bell voiced diatribe from Ms Donohue who must have the most unattractive delivery in the history of Irish Radio, and that's saying something.

All I can say is this.

How is this person still employed at the front end of Irish radio?

Never heard anything a cringeworthy or puerile as this totally dumb and dumber offering.

Mooney- dump this one.

You know you have to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Is that the stupid bag with a bit of a lisp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Calling for someone to lose their job? Classy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

leggo wrote: »

Inferring something I didn't say?

Not too clever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This whorey old chestnut comes up on your radar quite a bit FB. I just don't think that your the target market of her pieces. I switch off (or stick my socks in my ears when she's wheeled out). But for me that's more to do with her schtick than her address. For a producer I'd imagine she's a handy trick to have in the bag for certain items. The kind of items that require the corralling of troupes of the great unwashed into a position that they're oblivious to the fact that they're going out on radio air and can therefore get on with the subject at hand without being stagestruck. Two past items spring to mind: the Annie musical auditions and something to do with firemen.
    When there's a goal to be achieved and the public are being used to get the item there then Mooney wheels out the howitzer. You know what you're gonna get both in content and presentation and they know the job will be jobbed. As soon as Del says "today Bre...". then it's up the dial to Moncrieff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Of the mess that is the Derek Mooney show, she is far from the worst. She's pretty good at reading the situation, and shows a lot more tact and feeling for ordinary people than Derek himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

humberklog wrote: »
    This whorey old chestnut comes up on your radar quite a bit FB. I just don't think that your the target market of her pieces. I switch off (or stick my socks in my ears when she's wheeled out). But for me that's more to do with her schtick than her address. For a producer I'd imagine she's a handy trick to have in the bag for certain items. The kind of items that require the corralling of troupes of the great unwashed into a position that they're oblivious to the fact that they're going out on radio air and can therefore get on with the subject at hand without being stagestruck. Two past items spring to mind: the Annie musical auditions and something to do with firemen.
    When there's a goal to be achieved and the public are being used to get the item there then Mooney wheels out the howitzer. You know what you're gonna get both in content and presentation and they know the job will be jobbed. As soon as Del says "today Bre...". then it's up the dial to Moncrieff.

As usual, Humber, you are a rock of common sense.

I apologise for taking such a skewed and unconstructive view on the prog.

I was tired and had a bit of a "head" and the woman was bellowing in the focking background at the top of her leathery lungs to a listless crowd in front of a group of has beens.

I took a swipe at my Roberts with a lob wedge I had in the kitchen, luckily only a glancing blow.

Will accept your advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

leggo wrote: »

someone warn Eamon Gilmore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Brenda ruined Sweet Sixteen, they should have to her to stfu.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

As usual, Humber, you are a rock of common sense.

I apologise for taking such a skewed and unconstructive view on the prog.

I was tired and had a bit of a "head" and the woman was bellowing in the focking background at the top of her leathery lungs to a listless crowd in front of a group of has beens.

I took a swipe at my Roberts with a lob wedge I had in the kitchen, luckily only a glancing blow.

Will accept your advice.

Tired and a bit of a "head" made me laugh. I feel that way today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No need to apologise FB, I fully get where your coming from. The PYE has spun that flapping, noisy, googly at me once or twice while I was off guard too or was using a radio that I was unfamiliar with so therefore slower off the mark in twidding the dials and I've had much the same reaction as your good self on more than one occasion.
    But now and again I have noticed (not heard) her worth in the grander scheme of things.

Previous post I likened her to a Howitzer but her address is more like a Katyusha.

• Advertisement
Advertisement