Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct 2 Drive 5th anniversary sale

Options
  • 06-10-2009 7:14pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Forgot to mention this, most games on the list are available to buy in ireland. Total bargain! The Company of Heroes Gold pack and the Supreme Commander Gold pack is also about 6 euro :)

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/d2dturns5

I ended up buying Mirrors Edge, Red Alert 3 and Battlestations Pacific :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Quick question - being Irish/European users, do we have to buy from UK instead of US site? A £5 game is $5 on US site, will this trouble our download or game activation?

Thanks, OP. I'm thinking to get Bioshock and Red Alert 3!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

buy it from the uk site only, sucks i know. still great bargains though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

Thanks! I think I'll get Elven Legacy, sounds great for 5 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

This is fantastic but download speed is slowish. I'm using their Download Manager and the computer is downloading 6GB files of Bioshock at the speed between 50-150KB/s. The UPC 20Mbps line is not much at use. Ah well, it's a dead bargain.

Are you guys using any other download methods?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i used their download manager, maxed out my 1mb connection no bother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

mart_max wrote: »
    Quick question - being Irish/European users, do we have to buy from UK instead of US site? A £5 game is $5 on US site, will this trouble our download or game activation?

Thanks, OP. I'm thinking to get Bioshock and Red Alert 3!

I managed to buy Mount & Blade from the US site for $5 no problem. It depends on the game I think.

I have had nothing but trouble with those guys , not supplying me with CD keys. 2 games and no CD keys. I had no luck getting my money back , Credit Card company had no luck . In the end the credit card company paid me.

Advertisement